THE Tango Taipei XinYi(Xinyi District)
US$117
US$113
  • Breakfast included
Humble House Taipei(Xinyi District)
US$221
US$173
  • Pool
Le Meridien Taipei(Xinyi District)
US$276
US$250
AT Boutique Hotel(Xinyi District)
US$69
W Taipei(Xinyi District)
US$322
US$293
  • Pool
Pacific Business Hotel(Xinyi District)
US$102
US$99
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Formosa101 Hostel(Xinyi District)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$27
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$32/night.

Sparkle Hotel(Xinyi District)
US$123
US$88
Priceline
2,933 results
All reviewsthe club loungejapanese restaurantbreakfast buffetbusiness tripconvention centeran excellent hotelfood courtcentral locationbusiness hotelsubway stationnight marketshopping mallrenovationtaipeigymtowercheers
Reviewed 20 October 2007

Coming from the States and not knowing any Asian languages, my boyfriend and I stayed at only Western hotels during our two week trip throughout Asia. The Grand Hyatt was by far the most dissapointing, there was loud construction during our stay which would wake us up at 6am every morning. The staff barely spoke english
and could not even recommend restaurants for us to go to, we ended up
having a horrible dining experience only to find there was a Western style restaurant next door to the hotel that the staff did not mention. Service was overall very poor, and for the price we paid, this was just unacceptable. Certainly would not recommend or go back.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CJS07
Reviewed 16 October 2007

Another great stay at another great Hyatt.

Rooms and food great, check in and out perfection. Cant fault it.

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed 15 October 2007

My SO and I stayed at this hotel for a few nights while he was on Taipei on business. This was my first time visiting Asia and only his second time. We found the staff to be polite and helpful and it made our stay enjoyable.

The rooms were nicely sized, clean, and had nice amenities.

We enjoyed the breakfast, especially the waffles. We had a nice meal at Cheers and the burgers from room service were welcome when we woke up from a nap at 1am local time (after getting in bed for the "nap" at 3pm!)

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2007

My husband and I stayed for four nights at the end of September and found the staff to be very helpful at all times. We arrived late in the evening by hotel car and our bags were taken to our room. My husband also arranged with the concierge for a hotel car to drive him on one day of our stay.
The rooms are a bit dated and I felt that more light was needed in the bathroom for shaving or makeup application. There is a sign on the vanity warning that the floors are slippery when wet, yet I still managed to slip on the bath mat and took a fall.
The mattress was harder than we are used to.
Our package included continental breakfast delivered to our room and one afternoon tea buffet which I highly recommend.
We enjoyed a casual dinner one evening in the hotel's Cheers restaurant.
We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2007

My wife and I decided to stay at the Grand Hyatt because we were visiting Taipei for only a long weekend. The hotel's close to the Taipei 101 skyscraper and there are lots of shops and eateries nearby. Since my wife's superstitious, I was somewhat surprised that she said nothing when our room turned out to be room 1444 (unlucky numbers for Chinese people!). A day later, our Taipei friends told us that the hotel's known to be haunted, especially the 14th floor. Some years ago, when inflight attendants used to stay in the hotel, they all avoided that corner of the hotel, but we had no problems. I believe the hotel was built on a site where Japanese soldiers used to execute Taiwanese during WWII. In any case, our window view was of the Taipei 101 tower, an amazing view. Just across the street, the 101 has a shopping arcade in the lower floors, lots of brand names, and a Page One mega bookstore. Also nearby: the New York New York shopping center, the Japanese Mitsukoshi department store spread out over several buildings, a dozen cinemas, Eslite bookstore (several floors of books), etc. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel, as there are plenty of restaurants, Asian and Western nearby. The Mister Donut, a Japanese franchise, was just a few minutes by foot. I should note that the hotel was okay, facilities and service. Check-in and check-out were fast and efficient, but no bell boys came to assist us with our luggage (there were no bell boys to be found, I think). There are two entrances to the hotel: the main, where cars drop off people, and the side entrance, where airport buses stop; maybe the bell boys are only found at the main entrance? I think the hotel was built in the early eighties and it shows. The lobby is luxurious but a few upgrades should be in order. We left a long list of remarks and comments with the manager and he seemed to acknowledge some of the problems, but nothing more...

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple