THE Tango Taipei XinYi(Xinyi District)
US$116
  • Breakfast included
AT Boutique Hotel(Xinyi District)
US$69
Le Meridien Taipei(Xinyi District)
US$276
US$250
Humble House Taipei(Xinyi District)
US$190
Hotels.com
  • Pool
W Taipei(Xinyi District)
US$323
US$292
  • Pool
Pacific Business Hotel(Xinyi District)
US$102
Sparkle Hotel(Xinyi District)
US$104
Home Hotel(Xinyi District)
US$173
  • Restaurant
Formosa101 Hostel(Xinyi District)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
2,934 results
All reviewsthe club loungejapanese restaurantbreakfast buffetbusiness tripconvention centeran excellent hotelfood courtcentral locationbusiness hotelsubway stationnight marketshopping mallrenovationtaipeigymtowercheers
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We were offered an upgrade upon checking in and had a reasonably sized suit. We were happy with the upgrade and my children were offered a box of chocolate which was a nice touch from the staff at the Concierge. The rooms are dated, and quite bare bones in terms of furnishing. But service was still very good and friendly. My little one had a nose bleed and stained the bed sheets. He also broke a glass in the bathroom etc etc. When we called house keeping they were nice and understanding, and did a thorough job in cleaning up. I am impressed by the quality of service in Taipei in general, and would still recommend this hotel despite of the ghost stories :) The location is very convenient as being in a very nice and modern neighborhood. But for myself I would have preferred to stayed in an older, less developed neighborhood to get more of a feel for 'old' taipei and how the locals live.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Probably one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, and I have stayed in many hotels. Large Granite foyer greets you, with many "black-jacket wearing" employees to assist you with baggage or whatever. Many and varied different lounges and restaurants allow you to sample Asian, European and American fair with ease. I enjoyed a Jr. Suite that was spacious and very well equipped with an outstanding view of the park across the street. The bathroom and shower were luxurious, large and the towels were amazing. Large, thick and soft. It seems every small detail is meticulously attended to. I WILL stay again. I recommend you do the same.

Room Tip: Internet is fast and Free. Staff is helpful. Food is great.
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Chuck H
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I used to stay in Grand Hyatt Taipei very often, and I returned back after a while in mid December. Still an impressive, very good hotel, true 5 Star quality. I would agree slightly with the "old & dated" comments, but that applies to the rooms only, and by no means rooms are in bad shape. They are clean, spacious, very well attended. Why I rate Hyatt Taipei top class is this: (1) This is a very well established property, staff is helpful and very attentive. You will get the 5 star service, there is no question about it. By "established" I mean this: when you have even an odd request they know what to do and dont look at you blank like some other "new" 5 stars who do not yet have a good team in place. (2) Their gym is near excellent. I would say the gym alone is worth a visit. Outside swimming pool is heated and I find this cool. (3) Location. Taipei 101 building is adjacent, night market is close, and there are other shopping malls nearby. (4) Club floor is very good, well attended, and I rate it well above average than the others. (5) There are good restaurants in the property.

There are some improvement areas though. (1) breakfast buffett spread is very very good, but because of the size of the hotel, you need to que and it kinda is annoying. But I dont have an answer to that. (2) I always book hotel cars for the airport transfers in certain cities. Hyatt's hotel car was well attended (I had a Mercedes), but a little old - when you pay the premium you expect new vehicles with Wi-Fi. (it is a must). (3) I think they need a proper smoking section outside the main entrance.

Well - if you are planning to spend that kind of money I think Hyatt is a good choice which wouldnt disappoint you. There are no surprises, and you get your money's worth.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Good business hotel, good service. Big hotel, no social feeling, because it;s so big.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Stayed with family on 21 December 2011. Location is excellent, opposite Taipei 101. Breakfast spread is good, local specialties like steam minced pork and glutinous rice are fantastic, miso soup is perfect, honey baked ham is tender and juicy and the best croissant I can find in Taipei. Room is rather aged and bathtub needs to be upgraded. A nice surprise for my son & daughter, a teddy bear and a spongebob square pant mug, come with kid toothbrush and toothpaste.

• Stayed: December 2011