All reviews the hotel staff single staff family room japanese customers christmas period small hotel japanese style hotel clean hotel cigarette smell hotel experience enjoyed my stay choose this hotel would highly recommend this hotel convenient location visit taipei excellent stay special thanks
Reviewed 28 July 2015

I had imagined a much bigger hotel when I booked the rooms, so when I entered it I was a bit suprised at its size and charm. The staff was wonderfully helpful in everything from calling cabs, giving directions and recommendations, to preparing a breakfast to go for us when we left for our early morning flight. They had English speaking staff which was very nice, since we don't have command of Chinese.
The room had two full queen beds in it, and it was a little less space than you would find in a similar hotel in the US, but considering it was Taipei, we were very pleased to find a room for all 4 of us.
One of the best parts of staying at Tokyo International was the breakfast. It had a huge selection and most importantly the lady who ran the breakfast kitchen would bring us special fruit and food to our table, and always seemed genuinely happy to see us.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 21 July 2015

I enjoyed my stay in Taipei but it could have been better. The breakfast was terrible and made me sick (I tried it 2 days out of the 5 days I was there and got sick both times). The laundry I looked forward to using after being on the road for 2 weeks would not dry anything more than undergarments (I was told this by the manager after waiting for 2 hours for my jeans to dry). One of the customer service ladies gave me a hanging rack to put into my already cramped room to dry my clothes. Then there was the Gym that did not have weights and only 16 lb. dumbbells and the temperature in the workout room was about 115 degrees F. The hotel room was clean but was not much more than a bed with tiny windows on each side of the headboard and looking at a dump behind some other buildings. Also the street noise was always there. The 2 stars is for the employees which were the best of any hotel I stayed at while in Asia.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 19 June 2015

We book the hotel last minute due to hygiene issues of our previous hotel. We were first amaze by the check-in service which was quick. Our room was equipped with a queen bed. It was also big enough to add an extra bed for comfort. The hotel is also equip with a washing machine and dryer which makes it easy for guests to do their laundry. There was also a simple gym to keep fit. The breakfast was simple but the staff service was very attentive to children needs, even suggesting cooking sunny side ups for our boys. Overall, we are very satisfied with our stay and would definitely come back again. One last thing, I do notice a fair bit of Japanese tourist staying at the hotel and around the area. They are well-known for their cleanliness standard.

1  Thank desmondtay301277
taipeitokyohotel, 客戶關係經理 at Tokyo International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2015

Dear desmondtay301277,

Thanks to your time for us on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to hear you have a pleasing travel with us during your stay and appreciated for your compliment to our service and location. Hotel was located in Taipei City Center, and convenient to reach attraction point in Taipei by public transportation. Moreover, receptionist are running 24 hours in the Front Desk and welcome to assistance customer in arrange City Tour , restaurant, and transportation.
Really thanks for your praise regarding our service and looking forward to see you in the near future.

Vice Manager
Tokyo International Hotel

Reviewed 11 June 2015 via mobile

Really nice hotel. Room seems a bit small and the one I stayed didn't have windows but I didn't mind if at all as the whole set up, furnishing and facilities are great for the price. And staffs are super friendly. Walking distance to the main station.

Trip type: Travelled solo
taipeitokyohotel, 客戶關係經理 at Tokyo International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2015

Dear Derek W,

Thanks to your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. Hotel staff deeply appreciated for your compliment to our service and Hotel amenities. It will be our pleasure to remember customer's face and keep 100% energy during our work to make sure your stay will be comfortable. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience regarding our Hotel. We all looking forward to service you in the near future.

Vice Manager

Reviewed 15 April 2015

I have stayed in this hotel for more than a dozen times and their service never fail to impress me every time.

"Warm service from reservation to check out"
From the reservation process to checking out, the experience has been pleasant.
When I make reservations by phone, upon producing my name, the reservations staff will always acknowledge instantaneously and thank me for choosing them again. Upon entering the hotel lobby, the staff greets me by name again.
I had my girlfriend with me this time, and she was sleeping in due to a fever while I was out for business meeting. Housekeeping staff entered the room mistaking that the room was vacant but found that my girlfriend was still resting in the room. They firstly apologized to her profusely, and when I came back from my meeting, the receptionist and housekeeping manager stopped me at the lobby and apologized to me again. Next morning during breakfast, another staff at the restaurant apologized to us again. The staff are really warm and meticulous into attending to their guests.

"Japanese oriented"
This hotel is popular with Japanese tourist and business travelers, so the service is comparable to Japanese hospitality standards (which is very high in my opinion).

"Good Location"
10 mins (NTD 100) from Taipei Songshan International Airport by Taxi
7 mins (NTD 80) from Taipei Railway/High Speed Rail Station by Taxi
40mins (NTD 1000) from Taipei Taoyuan International Airport by Taxi

"Good restaurants nearby"
There is a popular restaurant that serves Dingtaifung (鼎泰豊)quality xiaolongbao (小籠包)2 units away from the hotel, called Jingdinglou (京鼎楼). It is rumored that the latter is run by former chefs of Dingtaifung after an internal dispute that cause the chefs to leave and spin off their own restaurant.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
taipeitokyohotel, Guest Relations Manager at Tokyo International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2015

Dear Weeps86,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your 5-star experience here at Tokyo International Hotel, we especially enjoy welcoming returning guests.

Our staff will be so excited to know you and your girlfriend was happy with their services as we do our best to make sure all our guests feel the same. I am happy that you stay with us more than a dozen times, and pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us from reservation to check out!!!

Your detail review also point out the best things about our hotel. Our good location, and incredibly outgoing staff make our hotel something special. I look forward to hosting you again in the near future. Have a great day.