All reviews troodos mountains beautiful accommodation degrees cooler small pool great base for exploring isolated location quaint village special mention must be made traditional dishes a wonderful stay steam room stayed one night fruit bowl perfect place to stay living area welcome drink nothing is too much trouble
Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

Rooms we had the schoolmasters house . It is perfectly fitted out and has a great living room. It is perfect for a family of up to 6.
9.5/10
Food excellent evening meal in a real taverna dining room , breakfast good not excellent
9/10
Service 9/10 staff so friendly my only complaint is that they didn't take the bags up the stairs to the room( steep)
Location and view in a nice village , the views are not special but well situated for touring 8/10
Overall 9/10 a really excellent lodging .

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 December 2015 via mobile

This restaurant is part of a boutique hotel. The restored and vastly upgraded village building is superb and came as a very pleasant surprise. As we went there on Xmas day we had the set menu parts of which were good and others just acceptable. The service was attentive, the fireplace a welcome feature and the homy atmosphere excellent. 5 stars for the set-up 3 1/2 for the food, 5 for the service.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2015

I stayed at this charming place for 4 nights back in August 2013 (2 years ago Tripadvisor won't let me choose a date before for some reason), the rooms are wonderful and you get beautiful 'mountain' views on the top floors, mine overlooked the pool on one end and the hills on the other side - I even had a small kitchenette. It was the perfect place to truly disconnect and enjoy being in the middle of nowhere - I ventured to town (need to call a cab or go to the village and wait for the city bus ask for timings) only once and regretted it to be honest, so stayed most of the time at the hotel or exploring the village. The food is absolutely amazing I have to say, was truly blown away, all the ingredients are fresh; the salads and soups were delicious. The staff's grasp of English is limited but I managed to get by, the people are extremely friendly and willing to help. During the summer when I was staying there seems to be an influx of dragonflies which I found annoying, otherwise my stay was very peaceful. Would definitely recommend this place if you are looking to just read and write and shut off from the world, there really isn't much to do otherwise, the town is awfully quiet (at least during the time I was there it was). If I recall there is a spa/masseuse at the place but I didn't the chance to book.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2015

My son and his wife had there wedding in Lofou this October. The reception was at The Apokryfo and so a few of us stayed in the wonderful place. Initially the couple had looked at the big hotels in Limassol but these were boring and could have been anywhere in the world.
The Apokryfo is beautiful in design , food and layout. We were all very well looked after by Katerina and her team including Sophia in the kitchen and nothing was too much trouble.
The village location is stunning and very traditional.

Room Tip: They are all lovely nestled around the outdoor pool.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2015

We stayed at Apokryfo as we wanted a base within the Troodos Mountains that would give us access to some of the remote Byzantine Painted Churches of the Troodos. Although it was only a one night stay, we enjoyed our time there.
We stayed in the Almond suite, which gives directly on to the innner courtyard, with the small pool in its centre and the restaurant to one side. The room is long and thin, and perhaps not quite as spacious as the photos on their website suggest, but perfectly adequate and well equipped, and I'm sure It would be lovely in winter to snuggle up next to the fire at the far end.
Our evening Meze meal was lovely - good, honest local cooking, and served with a huge smile by Maria, the cook. Breakfast was a large tempting choice of everything from fruit to fried eggs -- you wouldn't go hungry with either meal!
All the staff were welcoming and helpful, and the location lovely. It proved to be a perfect choice for our couple of days roaming the Troodos.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple