“Best hostel in the world! The most kind and best receptionist Antonio Bamundo !!!”

Fabric Hostel & Club
Reviewed 12 August 2017

E migliore ostello che sono stato. The hostel is very nicely designed, great location, 15 minutes from Napoli,30 minutes from pompei and 40 minutes from Tartaruga and Amalfi. A lot of funny and unteresting people you can meet there that can became your good friends, lots of space and activities to interact, the music studio stage is an awesome. Big beautiful piano! It is clean and very comfortable, also has big and clean bathroom. There is a lift - very useful if you have heavy luggage. But my review is exactly about this.....I want to tell about staff.. I want to write about accident that happened to me when I stayed in hostel. I lost 500$ when I was near the sea, so I didn't know what to do. First I started serching a job but it was hard because my italian is bad so it failed.After I tried to write my friends from my country to send me money but no one sent me. Then I met good guys in hostel and one of them gave me some money and paid some days to stay in hostel but it was a few so I thought that I am in very big problem and i will sleep on the street if no receptionist Antonio Bamundo! He helped me so much.. He bought me ticket to Florence because i have a flight soon and helped me with the place where can I stay. So he saved my life and I 've never met so friendly, kind and good person like this. Ciao Antonio!!!! Non dimenticherò mai !! :)

Room Tip: On the first floor of the bed is better, because it is not so hot.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Absolutely amazing stay here all the staff where so friendly and more than happy to help. Nice secure lockers for your stuff. Only a short walk from the staton, black sand beach. close to versuvis and A short train ride to Pompeii can't fault this place would highly recommend it!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2016

This hostel can be a good choice if you are planning to visit the Amalfi coast, Pompeii and Naples as well. It's basically on a rail line that connects Naples with Pompeii or Sorrento. The price is fair. You might have problems if you want to use wifi in your room because the signal is very weak so don't plan your working holiday here. The kitchen should be a bit cleaner and maybe there should be a bit more plates and cooking stuff.
If you want to go out in Naples there are only night buses or you can take the taxi. I found a very nice restaurant 15 minute walk by the sea that has a fantastic view of the port and the lights of Naples.

In the hostel the bathrooms are very clean just like the rooms themselves and the stuff is really kind and helpful.
If you stay in this hostel catch an early flight because if you come late it might be a bit difficult to figure out the transportation since around tenish there's no more trains towards the hostel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2016

Stayed here a while back, and I loved this hostel.Just a few minutes walk from the train station, easy to find. I remember everyone morning we found a great spot that had awesome pastries. Also there is a supermarket right next door. Super convenient.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2016

Great location in Portico which is an ideal base for trips to Pompeii, Naples and the Amalfi coast with easy access to public transport. Portico has a picturesque harbour with a small waterfront which is ideal for sundowners. The hostel itself felt more like a hotel than a hostel Modern and very clean I was impressed by the standard and the helpful staff.

The only downside is the wifi as the range is limited to the the ground floor. The wifi is also fairly slow but this is general problem in Naples.

Room Tip: I had a double room with an ensuite which was great.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portici
0.8 km away
1.2 km away
Villa La Colombaia
Villa La Colombaia
#2 of 3 in Portici

Been to Fabric Hostel & Club? Share your experiences!