US$80
King Malcolm Hotel(Dunfermline)
US$123
US$83
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

TripAdvisor
All reviewspeace and tranquilityhome from homeknockhill racing circuitwarm welcometea and coffeemarkhostsgardeningaccommodation
Reviewed 21 July 2015

I booked this place rather last minute as I was travelling to The Open at St Andrews for a week. I was about an hour away from the course, but based on how wonderful this place is I really didn't mind! Mark and Till are just lovely and they make you feel so welcome in their home. The rooms are comfortable and the breakfast is divine! I would also highly recommend staying for dinner... Mark is a great cook and the food is delicious! This place is perfect as a retreat to relax and to use as a base to visit Scotland if you want somewhere peaceful to stay. I will be back soon!!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2015

My third visit to the ongoing vision of Mark and Til, I watch the British superbike round at Knockhill every year and have no reason to change the arrangement that has me re visiting Cherry Tree year on year for a two night stay, this year I've decided to get back there and see a little more of the beauty the area has to offer.

Room Tip: You'll not be dissappointed.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

Our friends chose this beautiful location for their wedding and we were lucky enough to be offered one of the rooms in the Lodge for the night. The house is simply but elegantly decorated and comfortable throughout. Hosts Mark and Till could not have been more welcoming or helpful - even down to asking for our recommendations on what baby friendly equipment they could purchase for future guests (their website says no children so we had ours with us by special arrangement for the wedding. Both made our children very welcome!) Our little boy loved the enormous garden to tramp about in and the views of the surrounding countryside were stunning - you can see no roads, towns etc despite being close to Dunfermline and Alloa, so it felt really remote and a real escape from the rat race. After a great nights sleep (lovely comfy beds) we had a very tasty breakfast and reluctantly made our way back to real life! Would love to visit again without small people to try out some of the yoga/massage/meditation on offer to chill out even further!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2015

My family and I stayed at the Cherry Tree Lodge, Saline as we were going to Gardening Scotland. My daughter found this bed and breakfast on Trip Advisor and she couldn't have made a better choice. Everything about the place, the setting, the hosts were just A1. Mark is a fantastic host who caters for your every need. The house is absolutely stunning and the views are breathtaking. Mark and Till, you should be congrantulated about what you have achieved. Will be definitely back to spend time with you. I, H & N

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2015

Easily the most beautiful and peaceful place I have stayed in. A wonderful home in an amazing setting, down a long track past a farm with breathtaking views. The house has lots of character and is clean and comfortable and is set in lovely gardens. Mark and Till are warm and welcoming hosts that make it feel a bit like a homecoming. This is the sort of place where you can really unwind and never want to leave! Very affordable too.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo