Cherry Tree Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$91
US$63
Davaar House Hotel and Restaurant(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$115
US$80
US$73
Travelocity
US$52
US$47
  • Restaurant
The Guildhall & Linen Exchange Hotel(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$57
  • Restaurant
Garvock House Hotel(Dunfermline)
US$93
King Malcolm Hotel(Dunfermline)
US$133
US$81
Pitbauchlie House Hotel(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$80
Holiday Inn Express Dunfermline(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$58
Travelodge Dunfermline(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$48
Travelodge
All reviewspeace and tranquilityhome from homewarm welcometea and coffeeplace to staymarkhostsgardeningaccommodationdunfermlinelabyrinth
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Great room, amazingly comfortable bed, wonderful breakfasts.
Fascinating artworks on the walls.
Mark and Till such a friendly and welcoming couple.
An emphasis on nature, peace and wellbeing, including a garden with a labyrinth and a newly-planted wooded area coming up.
A great place from which to explore the area, which has great places to see, like Castle Campbell and the Gorge in Dollar, and Rumbling Bridge and its gorge.
We ate well in Dunfermline (the Viceroy - curry) and Culross (the Red Lion, superior pub menu) in the evenings, though Mark & Till could have provided dinner if we'd asked.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2016

I booked this place for a 2 night stay because it was so close to Knockhill race track for the BTCC and not far from St Andrews. On arrival I was met by Mark and shown to my lovely room which was tastefully decorated and with a magnificent view of the countryside and one of the two paddocks where they have planted new trees. There are no tea & coffee making facilities in your room but you can go down to the kitchen and help yourself to an excellent selection of drinks and home bakes. I had booked myself in for the evening meal on the first night, where I met Till, which was an absolute delight - cauliflower gado gado & rice with Claire's banana cake & ice-cream for dessert. The main meal was to die for and I had seconds; I could have had thirds and fourths but I didn't want to seem a glutton! There is no tv or radio in the property, which initially I thought was strange but really did I miss it - no. This gave me and the other guests a chance to get to know each other. Which lead to some very interesting and enjoyable conversations, with some lovely people. Breakfast was equally a stay enhancing experience, lots of happy banter and excellent food. There is a large selection of reading matter to choose from. Internet banding is limited also, so you will just about view your e-mails. The property is surrounded by some of the most stunning views and I woke up to the sounds of owls, foxes, bird-song and cockerels. You will love this place - peaceful, friendly and joyful. Mark & Till made this such a wonderful stay and I will be returning without fail!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

Tastefully decorated, impeccable lodging, rare books, massage and therapy to order if perusing the meditation labyrinth and extensive gardens are insufficient. Thank you Mark and Till for creating this rare, tranquil space. Ursula and Reinhold

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ursulamac
Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

Oh what a find! This bed and breakfast is home from home. Mark and Till have opened their beautiful home allowing you freedom. We had three rooms with our family and each was well appointed. The beds were oh so comfy too. I didn't want to get up in the mornings. I'm glad I did though as the breakfasts are just amazing. Lao on a Daily basis there was cookies or cakes and an endless supply of teas and coffees. I'd highly recommend a few nights here. If you only stay one night you'll regret it!!! The surrounding area is beautiful too and Mark will recommend local places to eat. Thanks for having us Mark and Till and for makng our stay a memorable one.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Millish
Reviewed 3 November 2015 via mobile

The cherry tree lodge is based at one of the most amazing places we've ever seen and Mark is one of the most amazing characters we've ever met (unfortunately we couldn't meet Till as he was not there when we arrived). We went there in September '14 and stayed for two instead of one night and had just a wonderful time. The rooms are very nice and cosy. The breakfast was delicious. Go there, stay there and relax!! Many thanks to mark and Till!

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple