“Could have been a 1 star”
Review of Hand of Fatima

Hand of Fatima
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Almost comically rude owner, berating his staff for not knowing the correct milk for customers coffee, refusing to make my coffee as I requested it and rolling his eyes at me (it is a lame order, I did admit to this before I asked very politely). Felt like I was on an episode of Seinfeld.

Then came the divine salad, smoked trout, fattoush, beans, preserved lemon. To die for. I could eat that for lunch everyday and be a happy lady.

Let’s be honest I didn’t go there to make friends, I went there for a simple, healthy lunch made from the freshest ingredients. Looking forward to trying the lamb burger and being thoroughly entertained at the same time! Plenty of coffee shops near who are more than happy to accommodate my order...like Skal a few doors up, lovely staff and amazing raw caramel slice.

2  Thank AD27LD

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Wow, this place is a real treat. The staff were amazing finding us a table on a really hot day and telling us all about the menu. There are four lunch dishes to choose from and all are middle eastern inspired and sound delicious. Two were hot and two cold and we chose both the hot dishes which were a deconstructed lamb burger and a Moroccan type chicken tagine. Both tasted amazing with delicious flavours and we can’t wait to go back one day and taste them again. The best part, it was so cheap. Each dish was $18.50 which we thought was a bargain.

1  Thank Jessica H
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

This is s great find.
The menu is simple -4-5 items to choose from. The chef prepares each of them with love.
The porridge was a standout for breakfast. A real treat with authentic flavours of rose, nuts and yogurt.
Middle eastern flavours for breakfast and lunch.
Coffee is excellent.
Great cafe that specialises in something unique and does it well.
Love gong back just to watch the staff banter with the customers.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

We just called in after a morning at the beach and were warmly welcomed in. The owner and chef were run off their feet, but controlled the rush with a friendly disposition and the coffee and meals came out time appropriate.

I would highly recommend this restaurant for brunch. The dishes have a Middle Eastern flavour and blew us away. Good portion sizes and bursting with flavour.

Two main meals, one kids meal and two coffees for $50. Good value for the food quality and restaurant position l.

The only downside is they don’t have eftpos, so bring cash $$.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Food is amazing! I've never had a dull meal everything has so much flavor, and different from all the other breakfast and lunch menus around town. Coffee is always perfect, customer service is excellent!

- $5 muffins (sweet or savory) baked fresh every morning are the biggest and best muffins you'll ever have.