“Just what we were looking for”
Review of La Barrica

La Barrica
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Oulx
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2015

Italy is best known for its local specialities, so on our first visit to this part of Italy, we were keen to try some. We could not have asked for a better guide than the hostess of this restaurant...no need to struggle with my basic grasp of Italian as she spoke perfect English, being Canadian in origin. The place was very atmospheric and hummed with activity, but the service was still excellent and attentive. The wine list was amazing, as you might expect since this is an "enoteca con cucina" but included some very reasonably priced wines, starting from c. 11 Euros. We pitched only a little higher than this and enjoyed the wine very much. The food was great too, very unusual and different to what we had had before but flavourful and well-balanced. I would go there again without hesitation if we are in the area again.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have just come back from dining and we went because of all the great reviews. To begin there was not enough staff, in fact just one person. So when we went in we had it wait, however we saw this person so busy that we felt sorry for her. She was as attentive as she should be and she spoke perfect English, which was great for us as we do not speak any Italian. The menu was fine and the food was good. We had a bottle if wine and just finishing it off and my boyfriend took a mouth full and spat it back into his glass....the reason, it was full of sediment. It actually put me off. When paying the bill I said everything was good, but the wine had sediment. The reply I got back was it happens....she didn't care. The reason I said it is because it put me off and to let them know for other customers. Not impressed by the response. I would never go back there. The food was ok, but we had a pizza the night before at the zodiac and to be honest at less than half the price, the waitresses were great and the food good I would rather go back there.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

During a week in Oulx, we ate here 3 times. The menu has good variety with vegetarian options. It seems to be changed fairly regularly and depending on local produce currently available. All the food we had was delicious. But it is the service from Jordan and other staff that make this a very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

This wine bar offers a good daily menu with local dishes including a better than average choice of non pasta fare and some veggie options. The fillet steak was superb and cooked to our taste exactly. Extensive wine list, including a number of choices by the glass, at affordable prices. The hostess ( wife of chef) spoke fluent Canadian English and was both helpful and knowledgeable about the wine and food. We will most definitely return.

1  Thank LoveFrenchWine
Reviewed 6 March 2012

The food is absolutely fantastic, the wine list is extensive, and the service is attentive. The owner Jordon speaks fluent English, Italian, and we suspect French and was very helpful in describing the nightly menu. She also reccomended a fantastic local and affordable wine that complimented the meal perfectly. I have lived in Italy for 2 years and often find resturants all have the same average menu. Not so with this restaurant, the menu was unique while maintaining its delicious Italian roots. I highly recommend a visit to La Barrica. The location is off the main road located at Via Faure Rolland, 510056 Oulx Turin, Italy, for some reason my GPS said it was on SS24, luckily we stumbled across it while walking through town.

2  Thank Lissaford