“Beautiful food in a lovely restaurant”
Review of La Barrica

La Barrica
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Oulx
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Hidden just off the main street I found this lovely restaurant. The owner, Jordan, instantly made me feel welcome and took the time to explain each dish on the menu. It's a small menu but I still struggled to decide what to pick as it all sounded so good. It was very reasonably priced and would definitely recommend to anyone, especially if they don't have a good grasp of Italian. Jordan speaks English and French as well as Italian so it's perfect for travellers like me who would have struggled to understand the menu otherwise.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Our family stopped here on our trip from Italy to France through the Frejus tunnel for lunch. We immediately felt at home with a warm welcome and delicious homemade food.

Beautiful local antipasti and lovely riccotta, pasta and beef. No ice cream on the menu as they hadn't made it that day but delicious strawberries and cream.

The Canadian owner was fantastic helping us with recommendations and explaning the menu and provence of rhe food.

€90 for five of us for lunch. Excellent value
Book for Sundays.Would love to come here for dinner.

Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

Have visited this restaurant several times. It is a more expensive, upmarket restaurant but still friendly and relaxed. Local produce is used to create local style dishes. The manageress is Canadian so can translate the menu for you! Thecsteak was so fresh and perfect you could cut it with a butter knife. We have never had a bad course here and woyld thoroughly recommend it as the 'special' night of your holiday.

Reviewed 29 August 2015

Italy is best known for its local specialities, so on our first visit to this part of Italy, we were keen to try some. We could not have asked for a better guide than the hostess of this restaurant...no need to struggle with my basic grasp of Italian as she spoke perfect English, being Canadian in origin. The place was very atmospheric and hummed with activity, but the service was still excellent and attentive. The wine list was amazing, as you might expect since this is an "enoteca con cucina" but included some very reasonably priced wines, starting from c. 11 Euros. We pitched only a little higher than this and enjoyed the wine very much. The food was great too, very unusual and different to what we had had before but flavourful and well-balanced. I would go there again without hesitation if we are in the area again.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have just come back from dining and we went because of all the great reviews. To begin there was not enough staff, in fact just one person. So when we went in we had it wait, however we saw this person so busy that we felt sorry for her. She was as attentive as she should be and she spoke perfect English, which was great for us as we do not speak any Italian. The menu was fine and the food was good. We had a bottle if wine and just finishing it off and my boyfriend took a mouth full and spat it back into his glass....the reason, it was full of sediment. It actually put me off. When paying the bill I said everything was good, but the wine had sediment. The reply I got back was it happens....she didn't care. The reason I said it is because it put me off and to let them know for other customers. Not impressed by the response. I would never go back there. The food was ok, but we had a pizza the night before at the zodiac and to be honest at less than half the price, the waitresses were great and the food good I would rather go back there.