US$170
US$219
Priceline
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstram stopgreat locationbomb domebed was comfortablefamily martmy motherrecommend this hotelhotel is perfectconvenience storeshort staylaundry roomno fussdouble bedroomseveral floorsbuilding next doorfree amenitiesheating mode
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Straight to the point:

THE GOOD

Superb location.

Great, welcoming reception staff.

Modern looking.

Good and cheap car parking service.

Quirky "self-service bar" of room condiments and sweets.

Good self-serve laundry with free detergent.

THE BAD

The smallest room I've ever seen! 6 square meters with a 2 square meter bathroom. 2 of you trip / climb over each other moving about.

Double bed is a 1.1/2 single bed. Be prepared to be really cozy!

Windows don't open so very stuffy.

Found a pair of soiled ladies knickers under the bed!

CONCLUSION

I am awarding this hotel a "3". It would be perfect for a single traveller and the location is perfect. The price is great too for a City-centre hotel and the staff are polite and courteous.

I guess they should just seriously consider knocking 2 rooms into 1 but even then they would be small!

Good car parking facilities.

Modern-looking.

Quirky way of self-serving room freebies like coffee, sweets and even washing detergent if using laundry.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
ChisunHotel_広島, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Chisun Hotel Hiroshima, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for staying at the Chisun Hotel Hiroshima.
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel again.
We deeply apologize for any inconvenience you may have suffered.
We will do everything we can to prevent this kind of thing from happening again.
And, We will make every effort to improve our service.
Hotel Operation Manager Megumi Aoyama

Reviewed 6 November 2017

I must admit that my experience at Chisun was pretty average. It definitely wasn't bad, but nor was it great. I should begin by saying that the location is good. The hotel is right opposite a tram station with only three stops from Hiroshima station and a few more to Hondori (popular nightlife area). It's a couple of km's walk to Peace Park and there is a 7-11 / Family Mart in near vicinity.

The check-in girl was friendly and helpful, she did her best to give me a high floor (8 or 11) and I was soon in my room. I had taken my bike with me and luckily the hall in the room was wide enough to have the (clean!) cycle there. The room itself was OK. Good sized bed with the standard Japanese clock/light controls built in. The bathroom was also a typical cramped Japanese shower cabin that shared a single tap for both the shower head and the and sink. Not really a problem except if you wanted cold water you had to lose your shower warm setting (and vice-versa).

The WiFi was surprisingly good, albeit not overly secure (with the SSID being the same as the password). But, there was no annoying login that I recall, and if there was, it didn't reset every 24 hours like it does in most hotels.
View from the room decent (I have read other reviewers who have had views of concrete walls). Bed was comfortable. Writing desk was functional, though quite close to the bed.

One should leave their key at the front desk when they leave in the morning (to facilitate cleaning). No safety deposit box. Very limited hygiene accessories in the bathroom (but apparently you can get a more comprehensive selection from reception). Two elevators, note that these have a very strong and harsh light and full size mirror that does not paint one in a complimentary light. Perhaps these are honest mirrors? Either way, I didn't like the elevators, functional as they were.

Now onto the staff. Both the check-in and check-out girls were good. The breakfast staff were friendly. The other reception staff I met were cold and indifferent, when I said hello to them coming and going (especially the night staff) they barely looked up or acknowledged me.

Breakfast .. costs 1200yen per day. It's below average in my opinion. Some of the fish dishes were OK. The scrambled eggs were revolting. There is some yoghurt, cereal and fruit salad (appreciated) and a few fried things that were not kept warm. Sausages were OK. Coffee was passable the first day, weak the second.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for choosing ChisunHotel Hiroshima as your preferred hotel for your recent trip to Japan, and taking time to write laudatory comments.
I'm very proud to hear that our team took good care of you and I can assure you that I will share the good comments with them.
For us its always important to hear what our guests thinks in order for us to improve and we will continue doing so in the future.
I thank you anew and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future travels to Hiroshima.
Hotel Operation Manager  Megumi Aoyama

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Small but well equipped rooms. Buffet breakfast with a choice of Japanese and European dishes. It's also a convenient location for a day trip by ferry to Miyajima with the world renown Red Tori and the Itsukushima Shrine. Nice coastline.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for staying at our hotel.
We are grateful for your kind words about breakfast.
And that is the greatest source of encouragement for all of us.
Hotel Operation Manager  Megumi Aoyama

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location! Staff are friendly and helpful! Economy room was small but had everything one requires and the bed was very comfortable! My only complaint was the lack of air-conditioning. Visiting in October meant the air-con was switched to heating mode and the room was very warm. We had to open a window which meant we were woken early by building works outside.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for staying at our hotel.
I am sorry for making you unpleasant at air conditioner.
Nonetheless, thank you for the friendly words to the staff.
We deeply apologize for any inconvenience you may have suffered.
And, We will make every effort to improve our service.

Hotel Operation Manager Megumi Aoyama

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Getting from Hiroshima station to the hotel is easy – it is just outside Kanayama-cho tram station (about four stops away using tram lines 1, 2 or 6). Check in was swift and courteous. There are many items available for free in the reception area such as toiletries, coffee, tea, sweets, etc. You can also borrow many additional electrical items for your room.

The room was compact, like all Japanese hotels, but there is just enough space to place a suitcase on a collapsible stand. The single bed was wider and longer than western ones. There is a fridge and kettle, as well as television and desk/chair. Wifi in the room is very good. The bed was comfortable as was the duvet, and the air conditioning is good. There was no wardrobe – just four coat hangers on the wall.

Breakfast wasn’t included in my tariff, but there are so many places where you can eat, and plenty of convenience stores (one next door!) to buy fruit, yogurts, etc to stock the fridge with breakfast items.

The bathroom is typically Japanese – very small. The bath is small but deep, and there is every toiletry you could possibly need in there (more in reception as mentioned earlier). It was also very quiet so great for a good night’s sleep. All historical monuments are about 15 minutes away by foot, although there is the tram if you don’t want to walk.

I considered it to be a good base from which to explore Hiroshima.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a high floor
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Roger T

Thank you for staying at our hotel.
We appreciate your kind words about the place.
Located in the center of Hiroshima city, ideal for sightseeing.
However, it is regrettable that I can not meet my expectations concerning the size of the room.
Please share your opinion with everyone.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us.
Thank you.
Megumi Aoyama Hotel Operations Manager.