Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 02/10/21
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$70
travelup.comUS$166
All reviews osaki station yamanote line convenient location tokyo standards bakso narita airport supermarket harajuku luggage loop meguro
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Hotel is located in a good location. It is just outside Osaki Station along the Yamanote loop line. Exit from the East gate of the train station and walk across the bridge and New Otani Inn is just in front. Stayed here because it is just next stop to Shinagawa where the bullet train station is.

Room is very small for a double room, just like many of the hotels in Tokyo which I expected. However, what surprised me is that the room looks tired and dated. There is a layer of dust on the toilet bowl cover and toilet roll cover which the usually high level of cleanliness Japan hotels will never allow to happen. What made worst was that the bed and pillows stinks. The two pillows they provide for the double bed are mushy and emit really bad smell that we slept without them. The carpet looks dated and stained and so were the furnitures. On top of that, the room was overpriced. No doubt we had a high level room at the 11th floor, we couldn't even roll up the blinds and curtains because in front of us was an office building and we can practically see into each building's room.

It is a lucky thing we only stayed for one night, else we would have forfeit the room bookings and look for better hotels. There is nothing I could rave about for this room except for its good location. Definitely not recommended as we did not feel comfortable even staying for just one night.

Room tip: Choose the river side rooms instead of the ones that face Osaki train station and office buildings.
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank kisetsu
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I always stayed here on business. Hotel is massive but the staff is very attentive and helpful. You can get top end steak, great sushi or hit Trader Vic's. Something for everybody. Rooms are a good size compared to others in Tokyo. You are also out of the loop for convenience for sight seeing and dinner options but the subway is a five minute walk and Roppongi is a $20 buck cab ride. If you do walk over past the subway system you can find many local inexpensive dining options. Busses stop at hotel serving both airports.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank NYSEski
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Stayed there back in 2006, we had a great room with the city's view of white Xmas. Service was more than just a job. People tends to give you that extra mile effort to give you some advices or suggestions for places and made it worth every dollar paid.

Room was clean with built -in radio. Appliances were a little run down but the service covers it all.

Quite pricey but worth the weekend !!

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2012 via mobile

The hotel is probably a 5 minute walk from the station. Really convenient. Wasn't too far from haneda airport, which is a plus.
Room was spacious for Japanese standards and the toilet had all the toiletries we needed, even some facial wash, lotion an serum.
The only peeve was the lumpy pillows and uncomfortable hard bed.

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed 24 October 2012

One thing I have noticed is that this hotel seems to be getting some reviews on this site from stays at the Hotel New Otani, which is in a completely different place to this one and for a short while after booking, I actually thought I was staying at this other hotel. However, the other 'Hotel New Otani' appears to be around twice the price of this one.

This New Otani inn is a great little hotel, fairly centrally located in the Osaki prefecture, which is right on the Yamanote line and therefore really easy to get around from. It's literally about 5 mins walk maximum from the entrance to the hotel to the station platform. While we stayed there was some construction going on across the river which our room overlooked. Thankfully they don't start until after 10.00 am so didn't get disturbed. Also we was on the 8th Floor which no doubt helped. The staff were lovely and really helpful and nothing appeared to be too much trouble. Also the room sizes were good for Tokyo, around a 1/3rd bigger than what I'm used to for a basic business hotel room in the capital. The room costs were great for Tokyo too and given it's a central location, you're usually not having to fork out extra subway costs, depending on where your going obviously, where as you would for a comparable business hotel at this price, which would be located further from the center.

There is a handy mall/shopping center which, this hotel sits on and, should cater for most of your needs and numerous fastfood outlets to choose from if you're not keen on the local cuisine. There are also a couple of shopping precincts nearby, which I would recommend to acclimatise yourself to the area when you first arrive.

My only real gripe with this hotel would be that some of the rooms could do with a bit of up keep on the decor. Marks on walls etc minor surface damage to some appliances. Other than that it was great, and I definitely would stay here again.

Room tip: I would recommend getting to know the Osaki area and the facilities available to you within the first day of arriving, such as the 3 shopping districts that surround the hotel and station. I did this on the last day to kill some time before the flight and uncovered some gems I wished I'd been aware of sooner.
Date of stay: October 2012