This is the go-to hotel for my wife and I. We stayed here for our honeymoon, her birthday, during last year's sakura season and again just last week for my 40th birthday.
That will probably be the last time we will stay here.
We used to love this place before for various reasons:
1) Excellent location - just one block away from the Shinjuku train station
2) Comfortable, clean room - we always stay in the big corner room with nice mats and platform bed
3) Great hospitality - staff is professional and super nice
We didn't experience that during our last stay (rm #1053). Instead we got:
1) A dirty room - the floor mats were stained and the back of the toilet looks like it hasn't been cleaned for a while.
2) Bad internet - just simply cannot connect, so I had to go to a coffee shop to do my work. If and when I could connect, it's slow and does not work with VPN. Everything was fine during all other stays...
3) Staff- when feedback was shared with the front desk staff, there was no real reaction.
This used to be a great place. I hope this feedback can help them improve.More
- Free Wifi