All reviews couldn t boutique hotel dormitory style toiletries provided ace hotel standard room main attractions shower curtain shared rooms come home haneda airport quiet area view hotel sensoji temple great area perfect location other guests
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I was in Tokyo on business for a little less than a week and brought my husband along with me to do some sight seeing while there. While I could have stayed in a more "central" location, we were so happy in the end that we chose Asakusa and Wired Hotel. The neighborhood itself is lovely and fairly quiet once you get out of the bustling Sensoji area, which is a very short walk from Wired. The hotel is clean, modern, and impeccably curated - if you've ever stayed in an ACE hotel in the states, its a similar vibe. The concierge was kind and welcoming. We stayed in one of the private rooms and it was very spacious and comfortable. They had great french press coffee in the morning. And I encourage you at least once to order the full Japanese breakfast - it was divine. If I'm ever in Tokyo again, this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Sarah05262017
Reviewed 18 March 2018

We discovered this little hotel through Monocle magazine and what a find - this is an awesome little hotel which has only just opened in Asakusa. The location is easy to find and there's plenty of restaurants and attractions nearby.

Unfortunately when I booked I couldn't get consecutive nights in the same room so had to move twice into different room types - wasn't a big deal and had nothing to do with the hotel but I really wanted to stay here and that was the compromise.

The only down side to this hotel is luggage security - once you check out your luggage is left in the lobby and although its probably quite safe I wasn't happy with that and would have preferred that it be stowed by the concierge.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and take a bigger room - all Japanese rooms are small but the larger rooms are affordable at this hotel so do it.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ben M
Reviewed 17 March 2018

I stayed at The Wired from Feb 27 - March 2, 2018. The hotel truly started my first solo trip on a positive note. FYI, The Wired is an all budget accommodation hotel meaning they have dormitory/hostel style bunk beds to private rooms to penthouses. I chose The Wired off of because of affordability and aesthetic. I really enjoy staying in these warm modern aesthetics hotels (turns out Wired used the same PR/branding as the Ace Hotel.)

Before I get to the details, WHAT I LOVED MOST about The Wired Hotel was the young & friendly staff. They all spoke english or were learning. They were all very friendly especially Tomoyo and Kana. I met them one my first day as I was enjoying a drink after checking-in. They gave me great local recommendation. They really made my stay superb; I can't thank them enough!

Ok, details!
The first night, I stayed in the dormitory style room. Spacious/large closet space. USB hookup next to bed to charge your phone. Bathroom & showers were very clean.

The next 2 nights, I stayed in a mini compact room. Again very clean, good for one person, it would be tight for two but its still doable.

Location:
I didn't find much to do in Asakusa except for Sensoji Temple and theres a Don Quijote (great place for souvenirs) down the street. 10-15 minute way to the subway depending on which line you are taking. Although, I found myself spending more time on the other side of town in Roppongi & Shibuya. I enjoyed being in a quiet area like Asakusa away from all the noise. There was still lots of things happening around the hotel too!

It's all about preference but I really liked the comfortable & affordable stay I had at The Wired.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I don't want to be overly cynical as I'm not entirely sure what the standard of accommodation in Tokyo is, but whilst this hostel masquerading as a hotel is satisfactory, it's nothing to write home about.

It's clean and tidy enough, it certainly doesn't feel unhygienic. But it also doesn't feel overly hospitable or warm. Perhaps it's the nature of the city where people come and go and the pace is fast and impersonal. Subsequently, other guests also seem less considerate. In saying that it is hard to be considerate in a dorm room which is missing aspects of thoughtfulness in its design. There are lockable cupboard and bedside spaces which are a bonus, however the cupboards' locking mechanism is noisy, especially as guests access them as they come home throughout the night or early morning.

Otherwise beds are comfortable and cosy, each floor has a small kitchenette where you can heat up food, refrigerate or add boiling water. The showers and toilets are clean and spacious.

The downstairs restaurant/bar is pricey but looks like a hotel space, as does the foyer. It's also centrally located to Asakusa's food hub and you could happily spend every night seeking out a new delicious budget-friendly restaurant here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Staff are multilingual and kind, rooms are nice, area is perfect for shopping, dining, and cultural elements. Really, there's nothing wrong with this place whatsoever. Highly recommend. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple