Kidafell(Mosfellsbaer)(Great Value!)
Hotel Island(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$190
Hotels.com
City Park Hotel(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$217
Hotels.com
US$384
US$342
1,147 results
All reviewshot tubnorthern lightsgolden circleporridgethe busthe hotel managermountain viewlaxnes horse farmblue lagoonpetrol stationwaffle machinelocal amenitieshired a cargreat bakeryminute driveupgraded to a suitecity centre
Reviewed 24 December 2017

The hotel is located in the burbs about 15 - 20 min from downtown Reykjavik and less than 10 min from the rural farm country of the northern route of the Golden Circle. Hotel Laxnes would best be described as comfortable and very friendly motel (by North American standards). The hotel has a quaint bar/breakfast lounge (breakfast is included) where we watched an NFL game with Icelandic commentators! The staff are very friendly and helpful and the beer is fresh and cold. Breakfast could use a few more fresh fruit options but otherwise really good. The rooms are clean as are the bathrooms/washrooms/toilets/WC's. The only issue I had was with the beds. Every mattress is a twin, for a queen bed two twins are put together on a queen frame. I also found the the mattress to bed a bit tired and didn't give me the support my body likes. This by no means is a deal breaker. Our family loved staying there and would so again. Nearby (across the road) are a liquor store, bakery, grocery store, assorted fast food outlets and a nice restaurant/sports bar. If you are going to use a GPS w/voice get used to hearing "at the roundabout, take 2nd exit"! Again, this is a very cozy and convenient place to stay and we would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Try the Gull draft in the bar, it's fresh and cold!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2017

This was my first visit to Iceland so I read dozens of reviews before settling on Laxnes. I was not interested in being right in downtown Reykjavik so this seemed a good choice. I was very happy with the friendly staff (Sean and Andre) and the upstairs room I was given .There was lots of room and a unique pop-out porch that I found quite intriguing. I have never seen one before but it does allow you a better view of the mountains that are a few kilometers away.
I found Laxnes was only about 30 minutes from the capital and an easy bus route. There is an app for you smartphone (Straeto) that will help with bus schedules and other information.
There is a small bar and breakfast was included which is a real plus for getting a meal before your tour starts. Grayline does pick you up and drop you off at Laxnes. This was very nice for the regular tours and airport transportation.
There are a few restaurants in walking distance as well as a large grocery store. Credit cards are accepted everywhere.
I found the hotel quirky and comfortable and the location is great for those who are not city minded.

Room Tip: A room facing the mountains (north) has great views.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank kellbert
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights.

We were upgraded upon arrival to the suite to which we were very grateful!

We saw the northern lights right outside our window!

It’s a really comfy bed with a bath!!! Of the bath was so good after snorkelling in Silfra.

The breakfast was included and was delicious! We would definitely stay here again - very clean, comfortable and lots of charm!

Thanks!!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skyeashleigh86
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

When we first arrived Sean was very welcoming asked how our flight was and what we did before check in. He was also full of information letting us know where the sites were on what to do and see during our stay. Our room was on the 2nd level with a mini balcony to see out it was lovely. Also, loved the complimentary breakfast every morning from 7:15-10:00. I hugh,y recommend this nice clean cozy hotel.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Cosy and small hotel on the outskirts of Reykjavik with walking distance to many beautiful nature locations and 10 min away from Reykjavik. The staff was very helpful with booking different tours both from Grey-line as well as other companies. They wanted the best for their customers

Staff was great and the bar was very nice place to stay, Perfect for any side of Iceland you want to see

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo