Kidafell(Mosfellsbaer)(Great Value!)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Alafoss Apartments(Mosfellsbaer)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,147 results
All reviewshot tubnorthern lightsgolden circleporridgethe busthe hotel managermountain viewlaxnes horse farmblue lagoonpetrol stationwaffle machinelocal amenitieshired a cargreat bakeryminute driveupgraded to a suitecity centre
Reviewed 12 January 2018

We stayed here in February for 1 week. The location of this hotel was perfect... we wanted it to be quiet and not in the middle of the city so we had a better chance of seeing the Northern Lights. Even though this is in a quieter location there are still a couple of food stores, restaurants and some fast food chains right over the road. The hotel itself is beautiful... very unique, the staff are friendly and the rooms are basic but clean and tidy which is all we want! On 2 nights we got to see the Northern lights from our window... AMAZING! and we did a trip to see the Northern Lights too and we was very blessed to have an incredible Northern Light show. We had a lot of snowfall when we was there which was amazing... cold but everything was so beautiful! There is a bus stop right outside the hotel which has regular buses which takes you to Reykjavik.

We spent most of our time out, we mainly stayed in for sleeping obviously and breakfast... which was good. My husband particularly liked the fresh waffle maker!

If I was to return to Iceland.... which may happen as we went on a trip to see Killer Whales but was not so lucky in that department. So maybe a second trip to is in order to have another go at whale watching! I would return to this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Becca1991
Reviewed 28 December 2017

We wanted to be a bit away from the busy city, so this hotel was great. ~ 20 minutes from Reykjavik, so still easy to go to the city for a meal and to explore. We did not spend a ton of time in the hotel other than breakfast, the bar and sleeping but were very happy with this location. It is quiet and safe with a few available food options near by- in addition to 2 grocery stores. The staff was really friendly and very helpful. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Mountain View
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2017

The hotel is located in the burbs about 15 - 20 min from downtown Reykjavik and less than 10 min from the rural farm country of the northern route of the Golden Circle. Hotel Laxnes would best be described as comfortable and very friendly motel (by North American standards). The hotel has a quaint bar/breakfast lounge (breakfast is included) where we watched an NFL game with Icelandic commentators! The staff are very friendly and helpful and the beer is fresh and cold. Breakfast could use a few more fresh fruit options but otherwise really good. The rooms are clean as are the bathrooms/washrooms/toilets/WC's. The only issue I had was with the beds. Every mattress is a twin, for a queen bed two twins are put together on a queen frame. I also found the the mattress to bed a bit tired and didn't give me the support my body likes. This by no means is a deal breaker. Our family loved staying there and would so again. Nearby (across the road) are a liquor store, bakery, grocery store, assorted fast food outlets and a nice restaurant/sports bar. If you are going to use a GPS w/voice get used to hearing "at the roundabout, take 2nd exit"! Again, this is a very cozy and convenient place to stay and we would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Try the Gull draft in the bar, it's fresh and cold!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2017

This was my first visit to Iceland so I read dozens of reviews before settling on Laxnes. I was not interested in being right in downtown Reykjavik so this seemed a good choice. I was very happy with the friendly staff (Sean and Andre) and the upstairs room I was given .There was lots of room and a unique pop-out porch that I found quite intriguing. I have never seen one before but it does allow you a better view of the mountains that are a few kilometers away.
I found Laxnes was only about 30 minutes from the capital and an easy bus route. There is an app for you smartphone (Straeto) that will help with bus schedules and other information.
There is a small bar and breakfast was included which is a real plus for getting a meal before your tour starts. Grayline does pick you up and drop you off at Laxnes. This was very nice for the regular tours and airport transportation.
There are a few restaurants in walking distance as well as a large grocery store. Credit cards are accepted everywhere.
I found the hotel quirky and comfortable and the location is great for those who are not city minded.

Room Tip: A room facing the mountains (north) has great views.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank kellbert
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights.

We were upgraded upon arrival to the suite to which we were very grateful!

We saw the northern lights right outside our window!

It’s a really comfy bed with a bath!!! Of the bath was so good after snorkelling in Silfra.

The breakfast was included and was delicious! We would definitely stay here again - very clean, comfortable and lots of charm!

Thanks!!!