All reviews breakfast and lunch other guests puerto vallarta zip lining octopus hour hike ping pong beach house boca de tomatlan a wonderful vacation tour boats bring earplugs solar power los mangos chula vista communal dinner gong
Reviewed 25 October 2017

I cannot say enough great things about this place! We went for our honeymoon and the staff kept the place open just for us even though we came at the cusp of the off season. The food was incredible, the beach was pristine, and the staff could not have been nicer. The only thing you should know is that during the daytime for a few hours a large "pirate" ship with tourists comes to the beach to snorkel, swim, and hang out on the beach. Use this time to go on a hike and explore the nearby waterfall, the tourists are gone by later afternoon. This resort is seriously the best!!!

Room Tip: All the casitas are lovely! The only downside is the jungle noise some nights.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank krystahowell
Reviewed 15 October 2017

We love the beautiful tranquil nature of Mahajuitas and were saddened to see that this is the last season as their lease will not be renewed. The staff are wonderful and cater to your every need, we stayed for one week and not one meal was the same! The cuisine is superb and presented in an elegant gourmet manor. We cannot thank everyone enough for making this a wonderful vacation! It is a sorrow to think the this place will be erased and turned into a mega wedding venue but the dream will stay in our memory for ever!

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I have scuba dived, and been on the beach many times. I asked a few questions about the resort from my Mexican friend who spent his honeymoon there, and two days later I was booked in and on the panga to Majahuitas Resort!!! I stayed in the Chula Vista casita and i cannot think of any words that could possibly explain properly what a blessing this amazing this slice of paradise will do for the soul.

Upon arrival your bags are taken to your casita while Alex gives you a briefing of the goings on. Gong rings - you come for meals. Shows you where you can recharge phones/tablets, etc., a generator runs twice a day, talks a bit about the wildlife you may encounter, and offers a flashlight. He hands you a guest book then you head to your casita. No wifi, no telephone. Lights in your room are solar powered.

Every casita has a palapa/umbrella available on the beach - two lounges, and one or two chairs. You can have drinks brought down to you if you raise the flag provided at your palapa. Water floats and snorkel gear is available. The only people you encounter are other visitors, and possibly a few people who come in from boats anchored in the cove. Possibly a few tour boats may stop for a bit to allow passengers to snorkel, but after 2pm it's just the guests from the resort. If you even see them at all.

I didnt leave the resort. Tours are available though (hike to waterfall, scuba diving Marietta Islands, etc.) I walked through the grounds. Many places for guests to chill. I had a few games of ping pong - and if you go looking you will find benches, hammocks, and swings set up randomly around the grounds. You rarely encounter any of the staff other than at mealtimes. Thermos of Coffee, or tea delivered at your casita is a total bonus. I would sit in the hammock and watch 'beach tv'.

There is lots of time to enjoy your coffee watching the ocean prior to be gonged to breakfast. After breakfast I would return to my casita, and room was made up, and after dinner I would return to my place guided by candles they made on site at the 'fabrica de vilas'. During dinner staff placed candles throughout the paths, and stairs leading to the casitas. Which gave enough light that I never used my flashlight or the solar lighting. By the time dinner was finished I was well ready to go to sleep - which when I arrived back at the casita the bed, and netting surrounding the bed had been turned down. As the casita had three walls I woke to a breathtaking view of the ocean.

Food was over the top. Breakfast included fresh orange juice, and other beverages, fruit plate, and usual breakfast fare -tasted so awesome. Mid day meal included a selection of different flavours - I would describe it as a mini-tapas. Coated marlin sticks, salad, ceviche, etc. When you arrive you are asked about your meal preferences, and resort is very accommodating. Dinner was a three course affair. A appetizer, main course, and desert. My favorite was the savoury crepes with spinach. One night desert was pecan pie, and the last night I stayed was flan. Presentation of dishes is what you would expect at the best of restaurants worldwide.

Four white labs are available to pet for the dog lovers to scratch, and hug - but for the most part they don't seem to be interested in the guests. Luna has a talent for detecting whales in the area and will let you know. They seem to be very happy living there. There is a gratitude tree where you pin your note on a ribbon. It was nice spending time reading others notes.

I left fully completely at peace with the world.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 11 May 2017

I went with several girlfriends and we needed a getaway from work and stress: This was a much- needed vacation. We stayed in Los Mangos casita and it couldn't have been a better layout for us. The staff spoil you so much- from the bartender who is on the beach ready to make your perfect beverage (you literally raise a flag when you need a beverage refill) to the amazing freshly-prepared meals to the bed turn-down service at night. The staff is even watching you when you are in the ocean to see if you need help with your paddle-board, kayak, or snorkeling equipment. In the mornings they bring you a fresh pot of coffee and cream and leave it on your casita ledge, ring the "gong" to announce meals, and are available all day to assist. We all got massages which were amazing and loved the beach activities. I took a 2 hour hike, followed by a swim in a beautiful waterfall and pond. We all went zip-lining in a nearby village, which was thrilling, scary, and great! Breakfast and lunch each day were with your own cabin group, but dinner was with the entire group visiting the resort, or if you chose, you could have a candle-lit dinner on the beach. Each evening ended with a group bonfire on the beach. We also did some shopping one day in a neighboring village. I mostly want to recommend the staff, who were warm and friendly, and also were quietly available when you needed them. This vacation doesn't offer tons of activities and staff that are in your face. You don't have internet or TV, but none of us needed that- we needed a break from all distractions, just to enjoy our time to relax and be with friends. You do have solar power for reading and seeing in your bathroom. When it is dark you are guided by candles from the dining area to your casita and have candles in your casita at night. The pure beauty of the beach, ocean, and the island were overwhelming. On our last day we all wrote a gratitude note hanging from the gratitude tree- and I wrote how grateful I was to have had the great experience at the resort and reaffirm my priorities back in the U.S. Thank you Las Majahuitas for the perfect vacation! I want to add one thing- be prepared to try to authentic fresh foods. We enjoyed marlin burritos, octopus, mahi mahi, and red snapper, along with lots of fresh fruit and salads, along side american dishes like grilled ribs. The food is amazing!

Room Tip: Look on the website for the casita that fits your group size and amenities. Each casita is different in offerings and view.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2017

We recently returned from an absolutely wonderful 5 nights at Majahuitas with our kids, ages 8 and 10. It was beautiful, relaxing and fun and the staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. The beach was calm for swimming and we loved using the paddle boards and kayaks. The food was delicious and we enjoyed eating breakfast and lunch as a family at the beach and then sitting down for a communal dinner with the other guests at the end of the day. Our house was dreamy---spacious and clean with lots of places to lounge and an amazing view. It was truly paradise! Even the pirate boat and the day visitors that we were warned about did not bother us (and we were there during the very busy holiday week). The beach was definitely busier when they were there but the mornings and evenings were so peaceful. One suggestion...bring ear plugs for sleeping at night because those ocean waves are louder than you'd think!

Room Tip: The view from Casa Cliff is beautiful and worth the stairs!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family