Bindom Bottom is very good by all accounts and I feel slightly guilty leaving this review as not excellent but as a seasoned traveller of both hotels and B & B's I have to say it is lacking a couple of things that cut it short of excellent.
My partner and I stayed there at the end of 2011, our room was a normal sized bedroom and a quite small bathroom but immaculately clean and tidy with nice furnishings. It rained during our stay and we would have liked to go back to the B & B for a coffee and read but with the lack of social sitting room we would have been confined to the bedroom. Not a real problem but they do like you to be out of your room between 11 and 3 pm for cleaning. You can let them know if you will be back but some things are just not planned.
Breakfast is also by alloted slots rather than between a certain time. You have to sign up for your slot the night before. We "missed" the last couple of later slots as they were taken so were first one morning at 8.30 am I think but we slept in and only had 10 minutes to get dressed. I felt a bit rushed.
All in all, lovely guest house, very clean and tidy, nice breakfast but lacking in a social space for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lisa and Clive welcome you to Bindon Bottom. This charming Victorian country house built of Purbeck and local stone is our home, nestled into the bottom of Bindon Hill in the quintessential English village of West Lulworth, Dorset. We have five guest rooms at Bindon Bottom: Four double rooms and one twin room. We feel sure you'll have a very relaxing and comfortable stay with us. Because of our perfect location and our relaxed atmosphere, many guests settle into Bindon Bottom as their base to discover the magnificent World Heritage Jurassic Coast as well as the beautiful Dorset Countryside and the Isle of Purbeck. Each guest room offers: * An extremely comfortable bed made up with Organic & Pure Cotton bed linen, luxury duvets and divine pillows * Flat screen TV, with 'Free Sat' Channels & DVD player ~ And we have a new DVD Library. * Wi Fi Internet Access * A hospitality tray brimming with Organic/Fair Trade tea & herbal teas, coffee, hot chocolate, decaf tea & coffee, filtered bottled water, fresh local milk and a jar of local biscuits & snacks. * Fluffy Fair Trade/Organic cotton towels * Luxury Fair Trade/Organic bathrobes * Eco Hair dryer * A wind-up Eco Torch to get you to the pub and back in the dark (there are no street lights in the village) * Organic luxury toiletries including hand wash, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel/bath foam & lots more... * The Official Jurassic Coast Information & Guide Books * A guest folder filled with useful information and ideas on where to eat and what to do... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Bindon Bottom Hotel West Lulworth
- Bindon Bottom Bed And Breakfast
- Bindon Bottom B&B West Lulworth, United Kingdom - Dorset