“ Come hungry!”

Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Delicious food. Worth coming from near and far. Super friendly staff. Very welcoming and relaxed atmosphere.

1  Thank canukinabox

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Staff were really lovely. Brilliant service

Food was very well cooked but not to my taste. We had a Sunday roast. The gravy was very sweet and tasted like it had a fake smokey taste and it ruined my dinner. I would have appreciated some more veg, but I didn’t ask for any.

Again, food was clearly well cooked and staff were an asset. If I was in the area I’d go again for another meal, but probably not for Sunday lunch.

1  Thank Melissa R
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

So excited to discover this place today by searching on here. Just moved near by and hoping for something like this in Ottery. Knew we'd love it as soon as we walked in. A big warm welcome from Agata FOH and owner and chef and a taste sensation lunch followed!!! It's late so going to write this very quickly but it's my new favourite place and going back with my husband and little ones for breakfast this weekend. Can't wait! My friend is a vegetarian but that was no trouble at all and her beetroot and nut 'thing-a-me-bob' was completely LUSH! I had pork belly with velvety gravy, crackly cracking, beaut chips. We shared a choc and rhubarb pud. Also artichoke soup which was again Amazing. Never thought I'd put soup, artichoke and amazing together in a sentence but yup. A little bit excited to have this place five mins away!!

1  Thank Charley B
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We took some friends to the Rusty Pig for lunch recently, having assured them they were in for a novel experience! This proved to be the case - The Pig now has several new enthusiasts on its books! The meal was simply superb but it was the ambiance (probably helped by some wonderful gins) in this place that really sets it aside - Agata's warm welcome on arrival on a cold winter's day really set the scene and we were soon immersed in the Pig's relaxed, happy atmosphere; Chef Mark and his team worked in easy harmony as they prepared the delicious "surprise" meal, keeping us customers in the loop as they went along. Result - wonderful food & very contented diners on our table! Thank you.

2  Thank magwaminor
Reviewed 21 February 2018

The food is great - would advise you check in advance if you have any dietary requirements - they can accommodate most. If you are a fussy eater the set menu may need some modification but they are happy to oblige. The food is eclectic and quirky but alwas well prepared and served, but also take time to checkout their range of home produced charcuterie and sausages - these are winners and can be bought to take home. The breakfast is also fantastic.

1  Thank FeiTed