“I would have happily stayed for a month!”

Hotel Strada Marina
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Zakynthos Town
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Excellent value. Spotlessly cleaned rooms, reflected in all communal areas. Massive choice of all you can eat breakfast selections and every member of staff, from the general manager downwards, were the friendliest I've met anywhere. They really are an excellent team. The rooftop bar (with a panoramic harbour view) and swimming pool are perfect for the days when you fancy a break from sightseeing. I'll definitely be going back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank taskerob

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Great looking hotel facing the marina, though it is situated on a busy road. We booked a superior sea view facing room which had a good sized balcony with a fab view over the marina but in choosing this room type you do get get traffic noise - and it does get noisy, we stayed in October I dread to think how busy and noisy it gets in high season. Bizarre bathroom layout, sink far too large for the bathroom and the weirdest shower cubicle thing I've ever seen - like a mini bath with little step, very odd and at just over 5ft it the side of the bath/shower was a bit high. Bed for me not comfortable but my husband liked the harder mattress. Good choice at breakfast with usual cheeses and hams, eggs, bacon plus cereal, yoghurt and fruits and a vast array of pastries. Lovely rooftop pool with a huge terrace offering sunbeds and bar (sadly closed while we were there). Huge choice of bars, taverna's and restaurants and plenty of shops. Would we stay here again, most definately.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are great but are over a busy and noisy road.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Stayed here twice, once when we arrived in Zakynthos for a day & night and then again for 2 d/n after touring the 5 islands and heading back to UK. Excellent pool on roof, with bar and food service. Spacious. Decent rooms, helpful front desk staff, but above all great location between the ferries in the port and the town square with all the evening activities.

Room Tip: They all face the front; I guess lower levels could be a bit noisy from the road traffic
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2017

I stayed in this hotel for 10 days at the end of September/early October. We booked the cheapest type of room but decided on arrival to pay for an upgrade. I would definitely recommend booking a Marina view room with a balcony - we enjoyed the holiday much more as a result. The room was fairly basic but had air conditioning that worked and was cleaned by hotel housekeeping every day and the towels replaced regularly. We stayed on a B&B basis and the breakfast was very good with a wide choice buffet. We did not eat any other meals at the hotel so I can't comment on that except to say that the one time we did want to eat there using Room Service we were told that it was not available so didn't bother with it after that. There were only 2 slight negatives: firstly was the road that runs between the hotel and the marina is very very noisy from early morning until past midnight. I did zone it out up to a point but it was not very restful. The other slight negative was that you took pot luck as to whether the pool bar on the roof was open or not - some days it was and some days it wasn't but there seemed to be no logic to this.
Overall I think this is a good value hotel and I would be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: Book a marina view with a balcony - well worth the extra money
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Third floor sea view room brilliant Spotless,very spacious yes there is some road no ice when patio doors are open ,but the view alone makes up for this.Staff are just lovely ,nothing is too much trouble and the breakfast has plenty of choice always something to eat .Really good value for money

Stayed: September 2017
1.4 km away
Hotel Varres
Hotel Varres
#110 of 277 in Zakynthos

Been to Hotel Strada Marina? Share your experiences!