Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews back porch front porch these cabins gift shop coffee maker place to stay adirondack chairs cedar pass two queen beds visitor center fridge and microwave great cabin sunrise and sunset ceiling fan indian taco sandwiches black hills
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 June 2017

we stayed here one night. cabins are new so clean and comfortable. Ours had a queen and a king bed. fridge, microwave with coffee maker. Each cabin has a front porch and behind it there is a picnic table. as you face the cabins, the ones on the right have sunrise on the porch and sunset at the picnic table. peaceful there. Surprising number of birds of being in the badlands. no internet here so you can really "dis-connect". Be sure to go to the Ranger night sky program and also the one about fossils. The restaurant has good food

Room tip: location is whether you want sun in your face in the morning or not
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

This has the potential to be an excellent stay. However I am disappointed to report that despite booking this a year out we ended up with a lousy cabin - 125. We were on the side that did not have the back porch and chairs facing the badlands. So it was difficult to admire the sunset on the rocks from our front porch with the obstructed view of the other cabins. Out back there was nothing but a picnic table and partially overlooked the back area of the kitchens.

The other big issue was the bed. It sagged so much in the middle my husband and I literally each had to put a pillow beside us to keep from rolling down in our sleep. It also freaked horrible every time you turned over as well.

So as a hotel stay it really deserves a poor to average rating. It's the location that makes this place.

1  Thank Nav1go
Reviewed 28 May 2017

Found this hotel while researching the Badlands for a trip to South Dakota. My travel buddy is a nature fan so I thought this would be a great place to stay. I was right! You are staying in the park amongst the rocks. It was incredible to walk out of our cabin and have a formation across the street. We arrived at sunset and got incredible photos and woke up at sunrise to take more. This park is a must on your trip and the lodge is a must for an overnight. I am not at all into camping or anything close to it, the Four Seasons is more my preference but this place hit the mark.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank M0van
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

The gift shop at Cedar Pass Lodge is managed by Heidi. She has a talent for stocking the shop with beautiful items. Just walking around the store I appreciated her selections and displays. I purchased several hand made pottery items as a gift. When we presented them to our friend, they were well received. It is usually hard to find hand made, or even locally made items, when traveling. This is a surprise find in the Badlands.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Be sure to stay in one of the cottages right in Badlands National Park. A bit pricey but truly worth every dollar! The restaurant had great food and fair prices. Be sure to order local favorites Sioux Taco and a Kuchen for dessert - delicious! Wait staff were very nice, too. The park is amazing!