“Mountain View”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Grand Teton National Park
Description: Prepare yourself for a culinary experience! Our Rocky Mountain cuisine and award winning wine list are the perfect complements to the view. Many say the panoramic views of the Teton Range from the Mural Dining Room at Jackson Lake Lodge are the finest in any National Park. Others point to the magnificent murals painted by the late 20th century master Carl Roters as the heart of the Lodge. Either way, you are certain to have a dining experience not to be forgotten. Dinner reservations highly recommended. Private dining is available for groups. Contact our Sales Department for more information at ext. 3005.
Reviewed 11 July 2019

A mesmerizing restaura beneath the roof of historic Jackson Lake Lodge ,nicely decorated providing mouthwatering dishes which suits all .eating in serene atmosphere ,munching and taking mesmerizing view of Mount Teton.Smiling faces serving you varied dishes with quickserve. while entour to Teton u will be pleased to have such a nice restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (934)

Reviewed 8 July 2019

As we were staying at Jackson lake Lodge, I had booked the Mural Room for two nights of our four night stay. We went here on night one and then cancelled the other and discovered the Peaks at Signal Mountain Lodge.

The Mural Room is indeed iconic and as we had a window table for two, our view was unobstructed and we did not feel as if we were dining with a crowd (this is a large restaurant). The Tetons are magnificent to gaze at, but the dining experience was just okay. Slow service for one - took 15 minutes before our server acknowledged our presence. We prefer to dine leisurely, but it seemed we were pressured to order quickly - which we did not. Food looked better on the menu than on the plate.

Go for the experience, but set your expectations properly.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 8 July 2019 via mobile

The Mural Room has fabulous views and pleasant staff. After several great breakfasts we decided on dinner. How I wish we hadn’t. Overpriced poor food. My chicken was over cooked but the potato and vegetables were under cooked. Worst $120 I have ever spent.

Reviewed 8 July 2019

This is fine dining. Portions are large, with a splt plate fee. Great choices, excellent view, well above average desert menu as well.

Reviewed 5 July 2019

By early afternoon on July 2, the best reservation time I could get for our party of 3 was 8:30 PM. We showed up on time and waited about 10 minutes for a table. We ordered soup and mains promptly along with wine. The wine showed up with apologies about 10 minutes later. By 9:20, though, we still had not received our soup starters. I flagged down the staff, and the soup showed up simultaneously with our main courses. The mains were sent back to the kitchen. The soup was generally good, especially the smoked trout bisque. The waiter told us that the kitchen would start our mains over so they would not be cold. I don't believe this to have been true. The elk dishes were fine, as you might expect even if kept under a warming light. My trout main, however, was so dry as to be inedible. I sent it back and asked that they try again. After waiting for my second trout plate to come out for 20 minutes, I finally asked for an empty plate and shared some of my wife's elk, cancelling the trout. We did receive some apologies from the waiter and an offer of free dessert. By then it was 10:30 PM, and we were all too tired to have the dessert. We never saw a manager, which is pathetic. A manager needs to protect the wait staff in these instances. The food was average overall. The elk was an average dish, slightly over salted. The wine list is very thin for a what is supposed to be fine dining. For example, there are only 10 American pinots offered and 10 American cabs. There were exactly 2 french wines on the menu and very few other non-American offerings. I can see why there is not another WS award hanging on the wall. Overall, a bad experience.