“Breathtaking Views!”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$172.62*
and up
The Great Smoky Mountain National Park Tour by...
More attraction details
Owner description: The highest peak in the park.
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

It was a fun, slightly challenging hike (some were out of breath at the top), the sunset views were amazing. A must see!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,367)
All reviews
in 111 reviews
"gift shop"
in 86 reviews

Reviewed 28 November 2017

It was eye opening to see how out of shape I was, however, when I saw fit people struggling, I did not feel as bad. It's steep and strenuous. I felt many of times to quit and I was not the only one.
The tower was open when we were there. I made to the top but had a panic attack on the dome as I could feel swaying from the wind. So, I got off it right away but still felt like I accomplished climbing a mountain. The views are breathtaking even walking up to the top....thin air, so it was hard to breathe when you were over exerting yourself

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

The walk up is about 1/2 mile but it is a paved trail . We saw several elderly people and families with young children making the walk up but it is somewhat steep so take your time and if you have any type of mobility issues you should not try this unless you are determined to do so . Once on top it is as close to being to God as you can be . Truly a spiritual experience once you make it to the top . Things to look out for 1. The restrooms on location are just glorified outhouses and they are unisex so once you walk in it’s luck of the draw. No restrooms on the way up or on top .
2. There is no place to buy drinks or food here. There is a gift shop that sells candies and chocolates but that’s about it .
Other than these to caveats , this should be on everyone’s bucket list .

2  Thank mrmoparhemi
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

How do you rate magnificence? Well, you can't but you can rate the parking. Not sure that is easy either but the day after Thanksgiving and there was not a spot to be found. If you go, just pack your patience. It's closed from Dec 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018. But try again - so worth it all!