US$64
  • Breakfast included
Agoda.com
Kota Heritage Hotel(Kota Tinggi)
Mayres Hotel(Kota Tinggi)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Cascada(Kota Tinggi)
TripAdvisor
Gest Inn Hotel(Kota Tinggi)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
Canopy Tribes(Kota Tinggi)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 July 2015

If you are looking for decent hotel standard (3 stars & above) facilities, you are going to be very disappointed. However if you are looking for peace & relaxation, this is the place to be.

This resort sits on a cliff overlooking the vast South China Sea, which is nestled deep within a palm tree plantation. When my family was there, we felt as if we have the whole resort to ourselves.

We visited the pasar malam (night market) in a small town nearby, which only opens on Friday nights. The town people were very friendly even to strangers like us. There weren't much choice for foods or shopping, if that's what you are looking for in a holiday. But once we have settled down and accepted we actually don't need a lot of things to lead our lives, we can start looking within ourselves to search for that inner peace that has been lost or hidden by the hustle and bustle of city life.

Room Tip: Seaview and Hillview suites are the best.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
8  Thank HGLah
Reviewed 12 June 2015

The room was exceptionally small and dirty, windows can barely be opened, room and sheets are dirty. Pool was extremely dirty and room can only be locked with a small door look. Food was okay. Overall experience I did not like it at all,

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank YX_657
Reviewed 18 March 2015

HIGHLY RECOMENDED FOR THOSE WHO WANTS TO GET AWAY FROM CITY LIFE.
Paradise away from city's hassle and busy life, very peaceful and tranquil environment .We stayed in a cottage overlooking the pond, with air-conditioning
No TV no wifi in the room. But there were wifi at the restaurant area bit leggy but what the hack no tv no wifi no issue the aim is to get away from this technology and chilled back to basic.
We did not pay for the food catered we chose to walk out to the jetty to have our lunch and dinner .this was a great experience for the kids walking in the dark thru the plantation after dinner.

Room Tip: back to basic
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
19  Thank han270566
Reviewed 21 February 2015

Service- Service was good.
I found out about the resort thru trip advisor. Then, I sent an email on their website enquiring about their rates etc, and I got prompt responses. Since, I haven't been in Kota Tinggi, I asked them if they could arrange for our transport and just pick us up in JB Sentral, so it was more convenient on my part. I just paid for transport fee. From JB Sentral, an estimate of 1 1/2 hr travel time.

Upon arrival, the staff are warm and friendly. They would ask what time we would like to eat so they can prepare the meal for us. Each food tastes deliciously plus their meal serving is a lot. There were only 3 of us, but the food amount would be good for 5-6 people.

I think the room rate was justified, since I chose the cheapest room rate, yet the food serving was way way more than I have expected.

Location- It is far from the city area. If you love nature, then you would appreciate this place. The sea view was totally relaxing and there are a lot of trees surrounding the area. This place is good if you want to relax/destress/unwind. It can be considered as a retreat place.

If you need to buy any supply, there is a grocery store 5 mins walk from the resort. We were not familiar with the area, but the neighbors would direct us where it is.

Sleep Quality-at night there were plenty of insects (moth). They were attracted by the light inside/outside the room. I think the reason why there were a lot of them, mainly because of the trees outside.

Room size-it is a very spacious room. The room we got is actually a cottage, semi bungalow type. Btw, don't expect a hotel type of room (no small fridge, no coffee maker, tv, wifi et), but there is a side table, chairs, and a heater inside the bathroom and an outlet if you need to plug your devices.

Overall, for me (and my family) it was a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
11  Thank Laarnie792012
Reviewed 3 January 2015

Basically the location of this place is on a cliff overlooking the South China Sea. And it is not sandy beach, it is a rocky beach. In terms of facilities she doesn't have much facilities especially in the room. For example, you wont find a fridge, a TV, a kettle, a hair dryer... (I think you get the point). But you get a stunning view. You probably could watch sunrise if there are no rain for the past 1 week. And a lot of wedding photographs are taken there. We stayed for a night and we saw 2 couples had their wedding photographs taken there just to give you an idea how stunning is the view. Extremely windy. Birds are all around but I cant name them all except one, seagulls

In terms of cleanliness, yes it is clean. But not as clean as the the ones you would find in a hotel in a city. Because this is basically a Kampung. Don't get me wrong, the floor is still swept. The bedsheet are washed. But its just that occasionally you would find lizard droppings on your bed... or some ants (not because there are sweet things around but rather you are living outdoor). And the bedsheet maybe a little yellowish... To some extend you can consider yourself living in a mini park/jungle.

The restaurant are clean but empty. You can probably order food that you want but you need to had them ordered early. It is a small place, so anything too sophisticated they have to buy the material from outside before they can cook for you.

And speaking of mini park, you will also find different types of insects. To some extend some of them I never seen before. Hence an insect repellent can be helpful here. The place itself on average are quite well taken care of.

There is no WIFI.
In terms of mobile data:-
Umobile doesn't work at all. Totally out.
Digi barely.
Maxis and Celcom's terrority.

In terms of security, it is totally safe. The main gate are locked all times. And the top of the gate are BARB WIRED. In fact if you want to go in and out you need to call a number given, and they will open the gate (electronic) for you.

The rooster are especially hardworking here. He cock-a-doodle-doo as early as 3am. You will see some small animals around too, like for example a komodo dragon. Outside the premises for example you will find quite a number of monkeys and cattle moving around. In some cases goats.

Nearest township is Sedili Besar. I know it says Besar but basically it is a small town. If you are running out of gas for your car, you can buy them at a "Petrol Kiosk" which is 200metres away. Not exactly a Kiosk literally, but there will be someone with a barrel of petrol (maybe 2) with a small pump to do the job for you.

It is a very small town, you can find a 1960s coffee shop where all the uncles (probably retirees) sitting down there reading newspaper drinking their coffee but they are especially friendly. There is a couple of grocery shop there selling daily necessities and some shops selling Malay food and that's about it. It is a small fishing town and the nearest seafood restaurant are nowhere near there. Nearest seafood restaurant (Kota Tinggi) are approximately 30km away which is like 1/2 an hour drive.

Who should come here?
Avid photographers.
People who involved with Team Buildings.
Group of friends.

Who shouldn't come here?
Anyone who hate insect to the core.
Anyone who not used to rural lifestyle.
Anyone who cant live without TV.
Anyone who cant live without internet.
Anyone who cant live with the slightest discomfort (well, because it is a kampung not a city. Bed are "C minus" at best).
Not quite suitable for couples, for the obvious reason. 95% of the time your wife would be complaining about small insects, no tv, no hairdryer, no restaurant, no good food, no stable internet, no shopping etc etc....

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family