“Second stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kota Tinggi
Tanjung Sutera Resort
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Kota Tinggi
Reviewed 12 August 2015

Managed to find time to come back here again. Since my last visit, I noticed that there were improvements made:
- new children pool built
- improved wifi, can download some data this time
- there were much less insects than before, maybe due to season
- electronic gate installed enhancing security
- free flow of drinks
I also have a nicer room this time round.
I really love the nearby Temala Beach. It is just a short 5 min drive away.
The food is just as good as the last time with large portions.
As my stay is short this time I did not need to go the village provision shop for comfort food like potato chips.
The coastal beach is picturesque so everyday I saw a marriage couple there for photography session. From the old map, there is a durian plantation nearby but we did not find it.
We enjoyed our stay here away from the city.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank AndrewYew

Reviewed 1 July 2015

If you are looking for decent hotel standard (3 stars & above) facilities, you are going to be very disappointed. However if you are looking for peace & relaxation, this is the place to be.

This resort sits on a cliff overlooking the vast South China Sea, which is nestled deep within a palm tree plantation. When my family was there, we felt as if we have the whole resort to ourselves.

We visited the pasar malam (night market) in a small town nearby, which only opens on Friday nights. The town people were very friendly even to strangers like us. There weren't much choice for foods or shopping, if that's what you are looking for in a holiday. But once we have settled down and accepted we actually don't need a lot of things to lead our lives, we can start looking within ourselves to search for that inner peace that has been lost or hidden by the hustle and bustle of city life.

Room Tip: Seaview and Hillview suites are the best.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
8  Thank HGLah
Reviewed 12 June 2015

The room was exceptionally small and dirty, windows can barely be opened, room and sheets are dirty. Pool was extremely dirty and room can only be locked with a small door look. Food was okay. Overall experience I did not like it at all,

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank YX_657
Reviewed 18 March 2015

HIGHLY RECOMENDED FOR THOSE WHO WANTS TO GET AWAY FROM CITY LIFE.
Paradise away from city's hassle and busy life, very peaceful and tranquil environment .We stayed in a cottage overlooking the pond, with air-conditioning
No TV no wifi in the room. But there were wifi at the restaurant area bit leggy but what the hack no tv no wifi no issue the aim is to get away from this technology and chilled back to basic.
We did not pay for the food catered we chose to walk out to the jetty to have our lunch and dinner .this was a great experience for the kids walking in the dark thru the plantation after dinner.

Room Tip: back to basic
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
19  Thank han270566
Reviewed 21 February 2015

Service- Service was good.
I found out about the resort thru trip advisor. Then, I sent an email on their website enquiring about their rates etc, and I got prompt responses. Since, I haven't been in Kota Tinggi, I asked them if they could arrange for our transport and just pick us up in JB Sentral, so it was more convenient on my part. I just paid for transport fee. From JB Sentral, an estimate of 1 1/2 hr travel time.

Upon arrival, the staff are warm and friendly. They would ask what time we would like to eat so they can prepare the meal for us. Each food tastes deliciously plus their meal serving is a lot. There were only 3 of us, but the food amount would be good for 5-6 people.

I think the room rate was justified, since I chose the cheapest room rate, yet the food serving was way way more than I have expected.

Location- It is far from the city area. If you love nature, then you would appreciate this place. The sea view was totally relaxing and there are a lot of trees surrounding the area. This place is good if you want to relax/destress/unwind. It can be considered as a retreat place.

If you need to buy any supply, there is a grocery store 5 mins walk from the resort. We were not familiar with the area, but the neighbors would direct us where it is.

Sleep Quality-at night there were plenty of insects (moth). They were attracted by the light inside/outside the room. I think the reason why there were a lot of them, mainly because of the trees outside.

Room size-it is a very spacious room. The room we got is actually a cottage, semi bungalow type. Btw, don't expect a hotel type of room (no small fridge, no coffee maker, tv, wifi et), but there is a side table, chairs, and a heater inside the bathroom and an outlet if you need to plug your devices.

Overall, for me (and my family) it was a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
33.4 km away
No photo provided
Hotel Cascada
#1 of 4 in Kota Tinggi

Been to Tanjung Sutera Resort? Share your experiences!