“Nice view. Good food”
Review of Weingut Mahorko

Weingut Mahorko
Reviewed 6 November 2017

This restaurant is placed on a hill, dominating the Stirian Weinstrasse.
From the terrace you can admire a wonderful landscape.
Location is superb.
Typical regional dishes are proposed in the menu and the quality is good.
Service is fast. Be aware that personnel doesn't speak English

Reviewed 31 August 2017

In the afternoon we made a stop at the vinery and Restaurant „Mahorko“. The food is excellent, the wines as well and the view is absolutely breathtaking. You have in addition to the restaurant terrace a wonderful open lounge terrace above the vinerys with a breathtaking panorama view.

Apart from lunch and dinner a perfect place for a cup of coffee and a piece of the fantastic house made cakes or a glass of wine and a relaxing break in the sun with an exceptional view.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

My husband and I recently stopped by this place for lunch. The location is lovely and the terrace offers a great view across the vineyards. The food was OK but certainly not the best meal that I have had in the Weinstraße region. The waiters were not very friendly and the food took quite a long time to come to the table. However if you are looking for a spot with a lovely view whilst sampling some regional food and wine then this is certainly a good choice.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Friendly service speaking Slovenian too. I eat really good fried chicken with perfect potatoes salad.For dessert delicious homemade ice cream .
Great vineyard view . Price & Food & View & service - very good. We will visit again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel and restaurant is in the wine streets of Styria. It is situated overlooking large wine fields and has a platform jutting out over the wine fields for an even better view.
Every time that we have been here and we have been at least a dozen times the meals have been not only good but excellent. You do have to be prepared to try something a little different if you are in this region and the menu may not be to the taste of all.
There are sometimes little glitches in the system wherever you are and last weekend was one.
I ordered Backhendl and pommes… chicken and chips, which should and normally would be very good although not exactly Hout Cuisine it is a local delicacy and speciality. I don’t know what happened whether we were too late in the day or the fat in which it was fried was old, but it most definitely tasty fishy. I don’t mean odd, I mean it actually tasted of fish. Do I like fish? NO.
I was with family and we had a party of 4 and all the other meals were good and everyone seemed to enjoy them. Although we never plumped for the sweet dish as we have found that they are very small portions for the exorbitant prices.
We will return to this restaurant I am sure as it is a family favourite but I must say this experience last weekend really put me off.

2  Thank Pete_Irving_511