“Family meal”

Price range: US$7 - US$33
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We have been described by award judges as "a quintessential gastro pub, a bustling hostelry, popular with locals and whose fame has spread. Offering great service, natural ambience and a lovely genuine warmth with superb food and a menu brimming with local produce." That is exactly what we strive to create here at the Cock and Bull, an intimate inn serving honest food in comfortable surroundings. You can enjoy a meal in our contemporary Conservatory, cosy Lounge with log fire or our traditional, timeless Restaurant. You can also book in with us and enjoy Bed and Breakfast in our beautiful Blairton cottage.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We ate here as 2 families of 4, 4 adults and 4 kids. Never been with the kids before. Excellent meal and perfect service from start to finish. Will defo be back.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I hadn't been to the cock and bull for years, but I will definitely be back. Couldn't be bothered cooking one Sunday night so thought we would come out for our dinner. The restaurant is very nice, staff were more than helpful and the food was superb. I would recommend the haddock, huge fish and more than enough chips for 2 people.

1  Thank G1cus
Reviewed 19 March 2018

we haven't eaten here for a number of years. Had a lovely meal. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Wi definitely be eating here again in the near future

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

So 2 years ago my family and I visited here and were not too impressed. Was in the area yesterday so figured , why not have a go? And I’ve got to say, this was on of the best meals I’ve ever tasted in my life.
I honestly wonder , who is this chef? Because I’m so impressed. Having gone in with the expectation that the food would be just okay, we were blown away. Hats off to you!

2  Thank Katiet2004jc
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Recently stopped at the Cock & Bull as it was listed as a dog friendly restaurant. The staff were super attentive, as soon as we had sat down they were straight over with water for the dogs and offering them food. We had the most delicious scones and coffee. The lounge / bar is so cosy, for me it is what a pub should be, comfortable and a place where you just want to chill out with your friends and eat to you hearts content, perfect Sunday lounging about place. Will be back for the Sunday roast as it looks fabulous.

1  Thank ZoeW362