US$48
Rasta Lilla Edet(Lilla Edet)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 October 2016

We spent a whole weekend at the castle and had an OK enough experience.
We got a nice room outside the castle - which by the way was engulfed in plastic!?!

A large room with a fine terrace and a beautiful view of the gardens. However we had the neighbours from hell.... Maybe nice people, but their kids obviously were allowed to do as they pleased and ran screaming and banging doors.... SO not a place for a tranquil retreat....

We ate in the castle and the food was actually the thing that made our weekend! Very nice and beautifully presented... We however had to wait for 20 minutes while the maître `d was trying to find our reservation..... This was handled very clumsily by the maître but very professionally by the hotel the day after - the apologized and really made it up to us.

We had a nice walk along one of the walkways marked out by the castle..

All in all nice enough - but the glamour is fading and I really think one should consider the amount of children being allowed at the castle. There were a lot this time and they were running in the dining hall screaming and shouting...

Not all of us love children all the time..... At least one should take in consideration the fact that there are other people present....

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anders357
Reviewed 30 September 2016

My Swedish husband and I were married in Thorskogs in 2015, we were living in Singapore at the time and had international guests arriving from various countries. Thankfully we had a superb wedding planner for the event, nonetheless we still found front office rather difficult to deal with in the run up to the big day, particularly in clarity around pricing, slow response times and general disorganisation. This didn't dampen our excitement though as we had stayed at the venue previously and we thought it just a glitch.

The pre wedding barbeque and the wedding day itself were beautiful. The venue is incredibly romantic, the waiting staff and sommelier were excellent and the food was delicious. We had an amazing wedding weekend until the morning of departure.

Upon checkout, front office seemed wholly unable to cope. Guests were complaining that their bills seemed inaccurate. One of my sisters was overcharged, another was undercharged and called back at a later point to pay a second amount. I gather that the process was mostly manual, guests felt that totals were being calculated randomly and the manager was quite impatient with confused guests. My poor husband had to intervene at one point and it became very embarrassing.

Events worsened when the elderly manager, who was obviously stressed after the busy checkout process, asked our families to hurry up and move on from the foyer! Thankfully my husband only told me this much later. I did leave with a sour taste though when I noticed her closing the front doors while guests were still packing up their rental cars!

I'm afraid I have to echo my sister's earlier post regarding the rude manager at Thorskogs and her abrupt treatment of guests throughout the weekend, stories of which I only heard months later. I also believe that old fashioned front office (manual) processes are letting the place down as a wedding venue. It's a real shame as all other aspects are top notch and the venue itself is magical.

It pains me to say that you should think carefully before booking your wedding or special event here, until management and front office processes improve significantly.

Stayed: October 2015
4  Thank SinyStack
Desiree A, Manager at Thorskogs Slott, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2016

Dear SinyStack,

I am really sorry to read your review.

We arrange apx 50 weddings per year and have done so for 30 years.

In your case you choosed to hire your own wedding coordinator outside of the castle who was the person with whom we both communicated. Maybe that was part of the reason to the response time that you experienced as too long and confusion regarding pricing etc? We have however gathered all information regarding organization for the weekend as well as all prices in our wedding pdf that we communicate from the first show-around of the castle. All prices are also stated in the contract that is signed when you decide to get married at Thorskogs Slott apx a year before the big day.

We had no manager on site on the weekend of your marriage but the responsible weeding coordinator that has been working here for ten years and our custom is to wave our guests goodbye at the castle stair but not in any case to chase them away!
It is a pity if you experienced her presence on the stairs as such.

If there should be any doubt or question what so ever remaining I really hope that you will contact us so that we can get them sorted out!

Best regards
Desirée Andersson
Hotel cheif

Reviewed 12 September 2016

Thorskog Slott is only a short distance from the modern hustle of Goteborg, but its a world apart. The stately home has been amazingly restored and turned into a top notch destination - the food, wine and atmosphere are as deep as the old leather sofas.
The rooms can be a bit small, so choose well - we had a great room, facing down across the 'back' lawns, but others in our party had rooms over the front of the house and these were small.
There are a number of walking trails as well as a pitch and putt, so if you need to work off some of the sumptuous food, there is no excuse.

Room Tip: just read the descriptions carefully - all rooms are variable size
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Thorskogs Slott offers a relaxing and very enjoyable country atmosphere. The traditional courthouse makes you feel right at home. The calm, good food and idyllic Environment makes Thorskogs slott the ultimate spot for a romantic weekend away from the city.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed 29 June 2016

This castle and restaurant is the absolute best me and my wife has been to. We spent two days there over the easter holidays and was blow away, again, of the extraordinary place. The food was in perfection, the wine selected by the waitress matched the food the perfection and the way we was treated by the waitress as well as later in the bar, left nothing else to wish for. You can't get much better than this in Sweden and added with the genuine friendship and wormth of each and every one of the staff the concept and the value for money is absolute of top class.

Room Tip: Each room in the castle has all their individual styling. You can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple