All reviewsmistley thornoystersmoulesriver viewstour estuaryfish stewdedham valehomemade biscuitslarge bathroomtop floorbed and breakfastcheesecakenorth essexbreakfast and dinnerpoached eggscomfortable roomsenjoyable stay
Reviewed 4 May 2018

I go there quite often and 9 out of 10 times i have found the food to be delicious and extremely good value. I think that I would advise people to choose fish because they seem to be particularly good at fish. I have often stepped in there at the end of a walk in the hope of getting a light lunch. On these occasions I have never been disappointed. Equally often I have booked ahead for bigger occasions with friends or family. It is definitely my favourite local restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Love The Thorn! Visit often as is our favourite local restaurant. Always receive a friendly service and delicious food. Lovely relaxing atmosphere but busy most nights. The staff always go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Good selection of wines and spirits. Locally sourced produce used. Never stayed as we live locally but heard the rooms are lovely.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

The history, atmosphere and obviously amazing food make this a must do for locals and those visiting this beautiful area of Essex.

Seafood is top quality and there are plenty of non seafood options for those who don't like seafood.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We came for my boyfriends birthday! All food was delicious!
Staff were friendly and helpful.
They offer a good selection of wines and spirits! I particularly like the gin selection.
We also saw that they have events on once a month and will look out for those in the future.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The food here is always top class, but today I had the best Eton mess ever! Rose water, pomegranate and pistachios - absolutely gorgeous!
The starter of terrine and the main of cod in a lovely pesto sauce were delicious. This is our number one restaurant to go to.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple