Hampton Inn Penn Yan(Penn Yan)(Great Value!)
US$106
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites(Penn Yan)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$106
BestWestern.com
US$84
Golden Knight Inn and Suites(Rock Stream)(Great Value!)
US$89
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

Best Western Plus The Hammondsport Hotel(Hammondsport)(Great Value!)
US$121
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

Chieftain Motel(Watkins Glen)
US$99
  • Free Internet
Lakeside Resort(Watkins Glen)(Great Value!)
US$100
The Cedar Lodge(Canandaigua)
US$71
Longhouse Lodge Motel(Watkins Glen)
US$114
Travelocity
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

US$166
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 July 2010

Too Bad such an enchanting space is not operated by an owner that cares or has any knowledge of a complete experience. As many other reviewers have mentioned, the view is great, almost out of Northern Italy. The rooms in the newer motel section are decently 'cottage style' decorated although the narrow balcony with no privacy, looks over a parking lot with the great view down Lake Keuka in the distance. The large stone patio restaurant is a wonderful place to dine while taking in the view down the lake.

Its too bad there isn't a local Kentucky Fired Chicken nearby so you could enjoy this space without overpaying for 3rd rate undercooked or tough food that takes 1.5 hours to have served (even though there was a small wedding party in the nearby tent on the 4th of July)

We paid extra for the package that included a boat tour out on the lake to view the fireworks. We were nearly late for the boat due to the hour and a half delay in getting the terrible food, but at least the server offered to put our anniversary dinners into a foam box so we could eat it on the tour boat.
How Romantic ??? On the boat we compared notes with others and everyone had the same negative food experience. They need David Ramsey or Mark McKewn to get into that kitchen and kick some serious butt. Servers were apologizing at each table.

One feels like you are in a time warp with such a lovely setting yet food from Captain Kangaroo. Better off to buy a burger and drive to their upper parking lot for a great view and a tailgate dinner.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2010

While discovering the many treaures of the Finger Lakes region...from wine to waterfalls, the absolute best palce to call "Home": while there is a REAL treasure...Esperanza Mansion. The period elegance of this 19th century mansion has been meticulously brought to 21st century standards...and the staff is providing crack service to the guest.
Throw in a view of ther lake from the patio outside our room...and a Chef that prepared Lunches and Dinners that are among the best in the region...and theres no place better to stay for a romantic getaway or a longer stay.

We were there for a week...and felt like we could have just stayed for good!
This was our fourth visit to the Finger Lakes, and we have always stayed in some of the best rated places before...but Esperanza will be home from now on.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deacon-Tom
Reviewed 5 May 2010

I really try to be fair in giving reviews for hotels and I WANTED to give the Esperanza Mansion a higher rating, but a 3 out of 5 is about the highest I can give. For the price paid probably a 2.5 out of 5 would be more accurate.

Positives:
It is a pretty place. I like the older buildings (1920-ish) and the uniqueness of them and it is in pretty good shape. The room I stayed in was pretty spacious and clean. The bed was o.k. Not wonderful, but not terrible. No problems with water pressure or hot water--you never know with a building that is 90? years old. I went there for a wedding and the reception was held there, as well; so location was ideal for that. However...if you are an early to bed person and there is an event there (like a wedding reception)--you definitely hear the music in your room. I don't see any way around it. I used the bathroom in my room during a break from the reception and heard the music and felt the walls vibrating from the tunes! Haha. Not a big deal, but something to consider if you are NOT part of the event. The staff (front desk, bartender) was very nice; but they either never seemed to be at the front desk or didn't answer the phone when called. More on that in the negatives. The reception was very pretty, well run and good service. It was a pretty and cool/different place to have an event there. They also did have free wifi, which came in handy; as I had a report for work that had to be sent.

Negatives:
No air-conditioning. Apparently, it is "seasonal" and doesn't work during the winter months. Probably not an issue most of the year; but it was a hot April weekend and the room was very uncomfortable trying to sleep. With the storm windows on, no screens and no a.c.--the only remedy was to prop the storm windows with soda cans. Of course, then you run the risk of insects (or worse! :-) crawling through your window; but it definitely made it bearable by cooling things down. To make things worse on our night there; there was an employee (from the hotel, I'm assuming?) who had no regard for guests' quiet night sleep. He was carting the chairs from the reception area to an outside storage shed, VERY loudly. Some of the noise probably couldn't have been avoided; but his VERY LOUD and not pleasant sounding singing could have been! It was annoying at first, comical and then annoying again when he couldn't hear me yelling out the window to please keep it down. He was playing his ipod and singing at the top of his lungs right outside our window. Obviously, very clueless about...well, pretty much everything. lol. I tried to call the front desk to tell them about him; but there was no answer. I tried several times that night and the night before (stayed Friday and Saturday nights) for that issue and to request a wake up call. I never got anyone to answer. I didn't ask when I checked in what the front desk hours were; but they definitely weren't 24 hours. Like I mentioned before, the staff were always friendly and helpful--when I did see them: checking in, checking out and at the bar. That leads to another somewhat negative. Many of us drove a few (or more) hours for this wedding and the groom asked if the bar could stay open later than 9pm (Friday night before the wedding). He was told no. Kind of surprising, I thought. I mean, it wasn't like the groom (who was having his reception there and many guests staying there, afterall) was asking to keep it open until the wee hours of the morning....The breakfast was also very weak. It was packaged muffins, orange juice and coffee. The muffins were tasty, but thought they could have gone a little bit more here. We were paying $160 a night, just fyi.

I really did want to like this place more; but a 3 out of 5 is fair. If you have guests that are not very picky and want a place to stay where the event is being held (reception for example); it's a good choice. Even with that, the price was a little high--in my humble opinion.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank TravelTimeGuy
EsperanzaMansion, Guest Relations Manager at Esperanza Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2010

The Esperanza Mansion has had the privilege of serving roughly 60,000 guests each year. As we are now entering our eighth year, this would mean that nearly 500,000 people have enjoyed our facility and services! To have this many visitors pass through the Mansion doors has been a wonderful experience for both our management team and staff. The fact that we have only received eleven negative comments on Trip Advisor is truly a testimony to our desire to provide quality service and accommodations to each and every guest we host. We sincerely appreciate your comments and suggestions. Your feedback is what has helped us maintain a 99.9 % overall approval rating on this site!

Reviewed 16 November 2009

We stayed in the Inn portion of the property, rather than the Mansion next door. Our room was ok -- spacious enough, all the amenties we needed, nothing special. The decor is a little dated. The balcony overlooking the lake is obviously a plus. Overall the property seemed a bit run down, including the Mansion. We had dinner there, and it was certainly nothing special. I would classify this as an o.k. spot for an overnight as long as you pay a rate competitive with a decent chain hotel. It seems to be more focused on special events.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2009

My husband and I were given a very generous gift certificate to stay overnight at the Esperanza Mansion by our thoughtful, newly-wed son and daughter-in-law. In anticipation of the stay, we did what we usually do - check the website and the"tripadvisor" so that we could familiarize ourselves with the facility and get excited about our adventure. Surprisingly, the first comments we saw from "tripadvisor" were not very flattering and we then realized that the default key for the rating system shows the worst first, then the best. It should be noted that a full 69% of the raters had highly positive reviews but these were found last. Maybe "tripadvisor" should go with the stronger ratings first when those are in the majority!!

From the moment we drove onto the grounds, we practically gasped. The mansion itself is absolutely spectacular - stately, beautiful, and with (as promised), a magnificent view of Keuka Lake. When we entered the foyer, we continued to be incredibly impressed. We travel frequently throughout the U.S. and Canada, and would be hard pressed to think of a more charming reception area. There were fresh concord grapes to greet us and a very proficient and cordial front desk. Due to the fact that late mid-October is their late season, we were given our choice of rooms and opted for the Rose Suite which was featured on the website. This was the best part of all. The suite is located right off the grill and lounge area, with its own private door and staircase. Even though quite lovely, the website did not do this suite justice. Following the somewhat steep and beautifully carpeted staircase, we entered the hallway that has a beautiful window and window seat looking out onto the lake, a large magnificent bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and shower, and a room probably 20' by 20', all appointed with gorgeous ornate Victorian furniture, including a king-sized bed, night stands, huge armoire, table and chairs, dresser with TV, and ladies writing desk. The three windows opposite the bed face the lake. Needless to say, we were spoiled royally. We walked down the stairs right to the bar and lounge area (does life ever get any better than this???) and had a nice glass of wine, then went into the grill. There are two dining areas - a more formal area and the grill with a sensational view of the lake, Adirondack style fireplace and a lovely rustic ambiance of simple wooden tables and chairs, corded vines with miniature lighting, and a full menu. We chose to be in this room as it was more cozy. My husband and I loved our meals. He had gnocchi and I had linguini with clam sauce. Oftentimes these are just too much but we left full without being uncomfortable. It was an extremely pleasant meal and the restaurant atmosphere was happily somewhat reminiscent of the one from the movie, Same Time Next Year. We then walked a few steps to conveniently return to our room to watch baseball. At one point we realized that we'd forgotten our toothpaste and after calling the front desk, they ran right to our door to deliver it and insisted that they would not accept any tip - it was their pleasure to do so. We had a great night's sleep in an extremely comfortable king size bed. A light continental breakfast was mentioned at night that would begin at 7:30 am. We are early risers and this is sometimes a problem because we love coffee first thing in the morning and there are no coffee makers in the room. However, after hearing some rustling downstairs, we went down and a very nice young man who was setting up the buffet told me to make myself at home and go to the waitress station and help myself to coffee, a tray, and whatever else I needed. Wow. I truly did feel right at home. He told me about the restoration of this magnificent mansion and that made it all even more special. We were later treated to a very nice continental breakfast. Usually these days, continentals even have hot food, but this wasn't necessary. They had those round generous-sized cereal cups, yoplait yogurt, large muffins, coffee and juice. It was just right. All in all, it was a spectacular stay and we would come back in a heartbeat. It would make for a wonderful wedding for any lucky bride and groom, and having stayed in the bridal suite ourselves, it felt like a second honeymoon! We will recommend it to everyone. P.S. Do not believe the negative comments that are found in some other posts on this site - this place is first rate and even the inn next door is lovely.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple