See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Esperanza Mansion is set on Keuka Lake in the Finger Lakes of upstate New York. Our room was in the newer inn and, while nice, nothing out of the ordinary. The private balcony overlooking the lake, however, was heavenly. A lovely place to visit in a beautiful part of the world.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DayTripper1630
Reviewed 11 October 2010

We were staying at a B&B near Naples and the owner recommended Esperanza's for our anniversary dinner. I had called the night before to make our dinner reservations and had a bit of a run around accomplishing that.
I had been on their website and was able to look at their menu and saw that they also offered a dinner buffet on Thursdays and Fridays. What I was not aware of was that was all they offer. I was so disappointed. Needless to say we had the buffet. It was nice with many choices but everything just tasted bland. The prime rib was tender but tasteless. The snow crab legs were Opellas, the pasta dish had really no flavor at all, and the asiago dinner rolls had an odd taste. My husband pointed out to me that he has never seen me not finish a dinner roll, ever. The salad was fresh with many choices of toppings. They had a baked potato bar set up that was fine because it is difficult to mess that up. Maybe my review is more negative then it should be, but I think that the website and the staff should inform the public that a buffet is all they have to offer on certain nights.
The positives were really great though. The view of Keuka lake was breath taking. The wait staff was attentive and very friendly. The coffee was excellent and the desert choices plentiful. We had their pecan pie and THAT is what I will remember most. It was fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tobadkydz
Reviewed 10 October 2010

When we arrived we were shown the room that we had originally booked (the so called Bridal Suite), up a long narrow enclosed staircase past the ensuite bathroom into the large room furnished with antiques. The furnishings were tired and everything felt damp (not at all inviting). There was no heat and the weather was cool and wet.
We switched rooms from the main building to the motel annex that was much cozier and warm but really not worth the money.

On the plus side the afternoon/night manager Will was warm and friendly and very helpful recommending where to visit and what to see.

The continental breakfast was good with juice, cereal, yogurt, bagels, tea and coffee.

The evening meals at the restaurant were very good but on the second night they were severely understaffed with only 2 servers for crowded dining room and many diners had to wait very long times for service in many cases meals took over two hours.

We also found out that on Thursday, that on that night the restaurant would only have a buffet at $35.oo per head instead of the regular menu which was about half the price.

Given our experience we will not be returning

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank WWine
Reviewed 6 September 2010

This is a mixed review. We are just returning from a wonderful wedding at the Esperanza. What an amazing place to get married! The views overlooking Keuka Lake are outstanding and the Mansion itself is absolutely regal! The wedding itself was very well organized and everything went very smoothly. The food was excellent and the physical layout (the main ballroom and 2 heated tents) was perfect! For the wedding itself, Esperanza gets straight 5s!
Where I thought the Esperanza was mediocre at best was the lodging. We stayed in room 110 in the Inn (immediately adjacent to the Mansion, on the lower level). The room itself was adequate size and the bathroom was clean and updated. The view from our private patio was beautiful. However, cleanliness was poorly rated because the room was incredibly musty / mildewy smelling. So much so that I still smell it in my clothes hours after we left. We thought it was the a/c, but shutting that off and opening up both of the doors to air it out didn't help. My wife's allergies were going crazy. It is probably due to the fact that the old building was stone and built into a hill, but they need to find a solution to deal with the moisture issue. We had friends who stayed on the second floor and they had less issues with this, but still noticed it, as well. They also need to vacuum more thoroughly. We would have enjoyed our stay much more if the odor and nasal congestion was not an issue.

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank clundh03
Reviewed 25 August 2010

We celebrated our anniversary by spending a week-end in the Finger Lake region of New York and stayed at the Esperanza Mansion overlooking Keula Lake. The private setting on a hill is serene and beautiful overlooking the lake. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We stayed at the Inn directly next to the Mansion; comfortable but we could here noise from guests that were above us one evening. Our dinner meals were excellent, and it was lovely to eat out on the terrace with a great view of the Lake.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple