“Romantic dinner”

Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Haapiti
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Had amazing Carbonara in a wonderful waterfront restaurant. Was a cloudy evening so no sunset...but I highly recommend you check this place out. They’ll even pick you up from your hotel!

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

We went to Le Sunset on our last night in Moorea. That was our biggest mistake. I wish we ate here our first night as we definitely would’ve come back again. The food and service was amazing. The restaurant owner picked us up from our hotel and we got the best table in the restaurant. Unfortunately it was a cloudy night but it was still really a nice view. We started with the exotic salad (served in a pineapple with shrimp and tomatoes and a great marinade). We split a pizza and that pasta bolognese. Both amazing!

The reason this restaurant stands out to me was that the owner, Filipe, asked us how our meals have been thus far in Moorea. I told him that I was a bit disappointed with some of the other restaurants mainly the fish in the coconut and vanilla sauce as they were always sweet. He told me that it should never be sweet. Once we sat down he went into the kitchen and brought us a small plate of parrot fish, shrimp, rice and the best coconut milk vanilla sauce. That kind of service really stood out to us. The entire staff was very friendly.

All in all a great experience! We wish we had more time in Moorea to go back!

Reviewed 23 October 2017

My husband and I rode in the restaurant's complementary shuttle from our nearby hotel and were promptly seated to begin our meal. He ordered the chicken and veggie stir fry with rice and I had mahi mahi with an amazing vanilla dipping sauce and crispy potatoes and sauteed green beans. Our food came out quickly and then it quickly disappeared from our plates. We agreed everything was fantastic, this place is absolutely a hidden gem.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Don't let the outside appearance of the hotel deter you...we never would have eaten here if friends didn't recommend this hidden gem. The restaurant is behind the hotel close to the water. It advertises itself as a pizza place on the sign, but it is so much more. Ate there twice during our week long stay. They don't do hotel pick up so you need to have a car. The restaurant overlooks the beach and the sunset views are beautiful. We visited both nights right at sunset and had the place to ourselves. The portions were quite large and we split appetizers and mains. The last night we ordered "Le Boat" a seafood experience for two people. It sure was a boat, it came in a wooden boat and it was filled with amazing seafood enough for six people. The four of us couldn't finish it, the local cat who sat beside me both times had a big treat that night. The pizza was also excellent, wood oven pizza. We ordered one as an appetizer and were very happy.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

I've been to this restaurant while on holidays in Moorea and I must say it was a great experience, we even went a few times because it was so good.
I particularly loved the tuna tartare, but pizzas, pastas, dessert...everything is great.
I don't understand the negative comments regarding this place... for a 2 star restaurant, i had a much better meal than other fancy restaurants in Moorea. You're facing the lagoon and the beach, food is served without delayed and the staff is nice.
Would definitely recommend it!