“Family run restaurant”
Review of La Cremaillere

La Cremaillere
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Good restaurant with nice food . We were at the Overlord museum and before heading to Omaha we stopped there. You can easily park your car in the surroundings.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Wow, those ladies know how to run a restaurant and make their guests smile,
English, no problem. Friendly service. The dishes are down-to-earth, nothing posh like rabbit: just pizza, burgers, frites, and --- an incredible fish soup with cheese and obviously self-made croutons. Restaurants offering fish soup are so rare to find, restaurants with good fish soup even rarer.
On our D-Day trip I got a bit hungry and looked for something small and tasty. My wife - though a bit exhausted - just wanted a cup of coffee. When my soup arrived, one of the ladies from the staff approached us and offered my wife some ice cream. She did it so gently and witty that my wife could not resist. A decision not to her regret - she loved her scoop of coffee ice.
The dishes are neither cheap nor outrageous for a restaurant along a busy tourist route. The attentive attitude of this restaurant's landlady and staff makes guests feeling welcomed and comfortable - so, no worries at all.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We ate here twice as we were staying in the village. It's family run, and they are very friendly (and speak decent English if you need it). The menu is not huge but there are some good things, including a selection of pizzas. Decent prices given the quality. I can recommend the mussels, and the steak.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

My wife and I have passed this restaurant maybe 20 times but never stopped. I was intrigued by a friends review so I thought it was time to try them. We sat outside and a nice woman took our order. My wife chose the tuna sandwich and I took the Normandy pizza. I was amazed at the portions. Will go back and would recommend for sure.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

I am a tour guide in Normandy and take clients to this establishment at least twice a week. It is fast, the staff are friendly and the food is incredible value for money - especially the specials. Highly recommended for people who want a speedy filling lunch

1  Thank DDayPaul