Tuntas Suites AltInkum(Altinkum)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$54
Hotel Nazar(Altinkum)
US$43
  • Free Breakfast
Mood Beach Hotel(Altinkum)(Great Value!)
US$48
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$639
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$171
  • Pool
All reviewsanimation teamsuperior roomguest relationslovely hotelreception staffnext yearfabulous holidayplenty of choicehotel facilitiesspecial thanksfive star hotelall inclusive foodpool viewfood was lovelyplenty of sunbedsturkish bathyear old son
Reviewed 1 September 2017

I feel I have to write this review as we have just arrived home from having a week away staying in the hotel.
Ok, this is not a British 5 star hotel, it is not sold as a 5 star BRITISH hotel. So we didn't expect anything outstanding. However, from arrival to departure we found everything to be fine.
Food, we didn't starve, I traveled with a very fussy 15 year old and an 11 year old who will eat anything, The only down side I have to mention was the flies they put me off the salad and cakes, so that's only my real moan.
The entertainers were very nice, with a special mention to Kataya with her morning Gym and the Zumba classes, she was very helpful and Bora the photographer who was never pushy and spoke great English.
I spent my birthday at the hotel and I had a birthday cake especially made and brought to my room, that was a lovely touch. .
Rooms are basic, but as long as they are clean which they were with clean bedding and towel changes, I was happy.
Sunbeds were always available and lots of them to go around.
Pool was clean, with having a horrendous holiday a month before it at another hotel it was lovely to stay healthy. Pool is cold but with high temperatures it was very refreshing. Having a constant breeze helped to keep things cooler and fresher.
All staff were very helpful and nothing was any trouble if you had to ask.
Key point the bar stops serving at 11pm, you have to pay for your drinks after that. Ice cream was only available for an hour a day so sleep and you miss it!!
Evening entertainment was ok, take it or leave it really, but with a busy village about 15 minutes walk away, and with a bar opposite we managed.
With staying twice within a month in Turkey at two different hotels the Garden of Sun really has made me feel that I have had a stress free week away.

Room Tip: Request sea view but needs to be up on floor 3 or above, street view have amazing sunsets.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank welshgirl082017
gardenofsunhotel2015, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Garden of Sun Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Thank you for your revıew. So pleased to hear you and enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for the posıtıve revıew.

The posıtıve comments are much apprecıated by the staff who work so hard to make your stay an enjoyable one.

Hope to see you agaın.

Kınd regards
Guest Relatıons

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Great to have a welcome drink on arrival and cases taken to room. Overall reception was efficient and helpful.

Rooms were of a pretty good standard but balcony was small. Maid service infrequent apart from replenishing of towels.

Pool bar and pool was very good - we had some lovely days. Service was good and no limits on drinks. Kids enjoyed slides and pool. Need to book a sunbed early though. Lobby bar was a nice place to sit too.

Entertainment was very basic and repetitive.

Food was variable. Mostly it was like feeding time at the zoo. At quieter times the food was ok with fish and chicken wings being the best choice. Bread and desserts tasty too.

We visited the spa for a message which we did really enjoy.

We ended up eating out a lot with Mojitos behind the hotel being of good value and decent food.

Overall far from a 5* but we really enjoyed our week there overall.

1  Thank CymruTravels

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for your positive review. We apologise for your negative experiences and these issues will be addressed.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

So... me and my family are staying at the hotel for now my mother came here to get here teeth finished off and to be honest I don't know why all these people are saying bad stuff about this hotel in my opinion this hotel is well worth the five stars they have great staff very nice and social everyone that goes here are nice people everyone gets on well with each other good entertainment and I don't know why everyone is complaining about the food the food is nice lots to choose from much variety and we got a roast dinner I mean beef Yorkshire puds and gravy on a Sunday in Turkey there is lots to do if you
Bring your children to this hotel there is also kids food. This is my review of the garden of sun hotel I am 15 years old and when I seen the comments on this hotel I was disgusted NOONES ASSED ABA YE LIFE STORY LOVE

2  Thank jane g

Kınd regards
Guest Relatıons

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Returned on the 3rd of August from this Hotel , what a disappointment .The annimation team were a joke too busy walking round the pool instead of trying to do activties
I would class this hotel as a British 3 * , not more than that . This hotel is being let done by its staff and their no care attitude. I wish i had went self catering as the food was terrible . we ate out most nights at Alkabers , My China , Gusto & topkhani these resturants were more like the food i would expect from a so called 5 * hotel . My Rep was as much help as a chocolate fire gaurd Max or Alex as he sometimes gets called . Reported to reception about room not being cleaned in 3 days and then when it was meant to be cleaned i still asked if it had. No effort from the Staff , if i was the owner i would be worried as his hotel is not getting the service it deserves. The reception Manager was a joke he did not want to even talk with me when i asked to see him and when i mentioned about writing a review on tripadvisor about my stay in the Garden of Sun . he told me he is not worried what i write or say , i think your boss needs to read my review and deal with you accordingly bad ( Man Management ) Get your staff trained or loose more customers. My son was stung by hornets next to water flumes along with another 5 more kids reported this to staff and nothing was done .
Garden of Sun get a grip or loose customers its that easy .

5  Thank john p

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for your review. We apologise for your negative experiences and these issues will be addressed.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

DON'T GO. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!! This is the hotel from hell believe me which i will back up with photos.
I really have no idea where to start. My first girlie holiday with no children with my sister with no children in 20 years so was really looking forward to it, really excited. We arrived in the early hours of the morning, the guy that took our bags up to our room was really nice and worked hard, theres only a couple that did!
Right, food, well if thats what you can call it, id prefer slop! I wouldnt feed that muck to my cat!! NOTHING and i mean NOTHING was hot, even when you got to breakfast at opening it was all cold, on several occassions i stuck my fingers into it just see how cold it was! They dont replace food items in the middle of service (photos attached) the bread was empty, food bowls and salads empty. When you could get in the so called restaurant (and i use that tell very very loosly) you were lucky if you could get a table because all the Turkish families get the big tabels even if there is only 3/4 of them because they load that many plates of food and put it all the middle it takes them 2 hours in there to attempt to eat it but in reality they leave so much food to go to waste its unbelievable! When i did eventually get a table, after sitting in the lobby until 8pm, the table hadnt been cleaned and no cutlery was put out again for the next person to sit down. I only knew where to get them because i saw a Turkish person going to a draw to retrieve some, before that i ended up spreading butter with a spoon!!! Well thats when you can spread as opposed to pouring it because they do not chill it, again, photos attached. The banbery should be 100 degrees with the food having a core temperature of 65 degrees, i find it hard to believe in this establishment seen as the so called cook was taking the trays out of it at the end of service WITH HIS BARE HANDS, again, pics say it, they don't lie guys!!
The food was that bad i ended up staying in the room for nearly 3 days, all i ate was a slice of bread and some dry biscuits which i bought from the local shop, gripping pains across my stomach, the only way i could relieve this was to lie as still as possible. Obviously dihorrea sets in and even after 4 immodium i was still dashing to the toilet because of the sub standard food, it really is that terrible.
The coffee machine didnt work for 6 days and had the same error code on it, pics attached. The patio furniture was disgusting, very filmsy and peeling.
At one point we were sick of waiting for the lift so we walked up the end stairs, we got near our floor and as i was holding onto the handrail i discovered that it was broken! Pic attached again, sorry but pictures dont lie.
Stains on the bed, i mean really does this look like a 5 star hotel to you? the maminate flooring was broken, the bathroom was just so disgusting its unbelieveable, I wiped the shower screen with a baby wipe so really thats all housekeeping need to do but they just dont bother cleaning the room. The stain in the bath was there when i walked in the room and was still there when i left.
Once housekeeping came in while i was there(due to being ill because of the food), all they do is make the bed, empty the bin in the bathroom and change the towels. Once i actually had to chase them down the corridor and ASK for toilet rolls because they didnt replace them, the next time they had left their cart in the corridor so i just took 2 off the trolley, i really shouldnt have to ask for toilet rolls in a so called 5 star hotel, especially not after paying £850 for 10 nights!!
Reception wasn't really that helpful and they were at one point rather rude. I asked for help and she put her hand up to me and told me to WAIT, she then proceed to deal with 3 other people!!! Plain rude as far as I am concerned.
Oh the bed was broken, included in this part of the bed was the electrics for the light nd a plug socket, i didnt really safe plugging anything into it, taslk about taking your life into your own hands!!
I cant say it enough, please please dont go here, dont waste your money. Turkish people were rude constantly and this is the 5th time i have been to Turkey but it will also be the last, it has put me off for life.
The man that puts the sun loungers out is the most hard working man there, hes helpful and a lovely man, shame the rest arent like that.
The entertainment team were nice, they have a laugh with you and try to get you involved, they are the nicest people in the place.
The A La Carte menu, dont bother, its just brought over from the normal slop house, the steak is about 1cm thin, just not worth it.
I complained to the customer relations lady, she noted things down and looked at my pictures, i think she was a bit shocked at how disgusting it was too, even after that though all i was offered was turkish coffee!!! Really!!! No thanks!!!
Lifts, they have an alarm if they are too heavy but it goes off all the time. The wifi is next to useless.
Coffe and cakes at 5-6pm, not worth attempting it, the cakes as they call them are some sort of dough but thats if you can get any, everyone piles like 40 on a plate and then leaves them!!
If i remember anything else i will try to update this, its TERRIBLE, the pictures dont lie. Im not usually one to complain but i couldnt keep quiet about this place, keep your hard earned money and go somewhere nice, not here

Room Tip: Do not go, best peice of advice i can give you all
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
9  Thank Charisse B
gardenofsunhotel2015, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Garden of Sun Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018