“Now going back for 10th visit”

Garden of Sun Hotel
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Altinkum
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Was here in may have been meaning to write review ever since….earliest we have been was originally bit concerned going so early in year but was pleasantly suprised weather fantastic hotel wasnt full but it was nice as always .got sunbed were you wanted staff although many had changed but still some original faces were amazing.I thought food had improved. Rooms as always were cleaned everyday and nothing too much trouble.special mention to canturk in shop I bought the best sunenhancer I've ever used prices are compatible to outside will be straight in for my next bottle.can't wait to see everybody again we had our photos taken I would recomend to everyone they were amazing

Room Tip: Corner rooms have beautiful views
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deannepayne012
gardenofsunhotel2015, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Garden of Sun Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Hi Deanne :)

We are glad to see you again. We will strive to make your holiday great.

Kind Regards
Guest Relation

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I feel I have to write this review as we have just arrived home from having a week away staying in the hotel.
Ok, this is not a British 5 star hotel, it is not sold as a 5 star BRITISH hotel. So we didn't expect anything outstanding. However, from arrival to departure we found everything to be fine.
Food, we didn't starve, I traveled with a very fussy 15 year old and an 11 year old who will eat anything, The only down side I have to mention was the flies they put me off the salad and cakes, so that's only my real moan.
The entertainers were very nice, with a special mention to Kataya with her morning Gym and the Zumba classes, she was very helpful and Bora the photographer who was never pushy and spoke great English.
I spent my birthday at the hotel and I had a birthday cake especially made and brought to my room, that was a lovely touch. .
Rooms are basic, but as long as they are clean which they were with clean bedding and towel changes, I was happy.
Sunbeds were always available and lots of them to go around.
Pool was clean, with having a horrendous holiday a month before it at another hotel it was lovely to stay healthy. Pool is cold but with high temperatures it was very refreshing. Having a constant breeze helped to keep things cooler and fresher.
All staff were very helpful and nothing was any trouble if you had to ask.
Key point the bar stops serving at 11pm, you have to pay for your drinks after that. Ice cream was only available for an hour a day so sleep and you miss it!!
Evening entertainment was ok, take it or leave it really, but with a busy village about 15 minutes walk away, and with a bar opposite we managed.
With staying twice within a month in Turkey at two different hotels the Garden of Sun really has made me feel that I have had a stress free week away.

Room Tip: Request sea view but needs to be up on floor 3 or above, street view have amazing sunsets.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank welshgirl082017

Thank you for your revıew. So pleased to hear you and enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for the posıtıve revıew.

The posıtıve comments are much apprecıated by the staff who work so hard to make your stay an enjoyable one.

Hope to see you agaın.

Kınd regards
Guest Relatıons

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Great to have a welcome drink on arrival and cases taken to room. Overall reception was efficient and helpful.

Rooms were of a pretty good standard but balcony was small. Maid service infrequent apart from replenishing of towels.

Pool bar and pool was very good - we had some lovely days. Service was good and no limits on drinks. Kids enjoyed slides and pool. Need to book a sunbed early though. Lobby bar was a nice place to sit too.

Entertainment was very basic and repetitive.

Food was variable. Mostly it was like feeding time at the zoo. At quieter times the food was ok with fish and chicken wings being the best choice. Bread and desserts tasty too.

We visited the spa for a message which we did really enjoy.

We ended up eating out a lot with Mojitos behind the hotel being of good value and decent food.

Overall far from a 5* but we really enjoyed our week there overall.

1  Thank CymruTravels

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for your positive review. We apologise for your negative experiences and these issues will be addressed.

Kind regards
Gust Relatıons

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

So... me and my family are staying at the hotel for now my mother came here to get here teeth finished off and to be honest I don't know why all these people are saying bad stuff about this hotel in my opinion this hotel is well worth the five stars they have great staff very nice and social everyone that goes here are nice people everyone gets on well with each other good entertainment and I don't know why everyone is complaining about the food the food is nice lots to choose from much variety and we got a roast dinner I mean beef Yorkshire puds and gravy on a Sunday in Turkey there is lots to do if you
Bring your children to this hotel there is also kids food. This is my review of the garden of sun hotel I am 15 years old and when I seen the comments on this hotel I was disgusted NOONES ASSED ABA YE LIFE STORY LOVE

2  Thank jane g

Kınd regards
Guest Relatıons

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Returned on the 3rd of August from this Hotel , what a disappointment .The annimation team were a joke too busy walking round the pool instead of trying to do activties
I would class this hotel as a British 3 * , not more than that . This hotel is being let done by its staff and their no care attitude. I wish i had went self catering as the food was terrible . we ate out most nights at Alkabers , My China , Gusto & topkhani these resturants were more like the food i would expect from a so called 5 * hotel . My Rep was as much help as a chocolate fire gaurd Max or Alex as he sometimes gets called . Reported to reception about room not being cleaned in 3 days and then when it was meant to be cleaned i still asked if it had. No effort from the Staff , if i was the owner i would be worried as his hotel is not getting the service it deserves. The reception Manager was a joke he did not want to even talk with me when i asked to see him and when i mentioned about writing a review on tripadvisor about my stay in the Garden of Sun . he told me he is not worried what i write or say , i think your boss needs to read my review and deal with you accordingly bad ( Man Management ) Get your staff trained or loose more customers. My son was stung by hornets next to water flumes along with another 5 more kids reported this to staff and nothing was done .
Garden of Sun get a grip or loose customers its that easy .

5  Thank john p

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for your review. We apologise for your negative experiences and these issues will be addressed.

Kind regards
Gust Relatıons

Also consider these accommodations in or near Altinkum
2.5 km away
2.5 km away
Palm Wings Beach Resort
2.6 km away
Buyuk Anadolu Didim Resort

Been to Garden of Sun Hotel? Share your experiences!