“Our date night success.”

At The Chapel Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Bruton
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2017

For Christmas each year my wife and I give each other 6 envelopes each, one for each month, inside each one is a date night idea. This year many of mine are that we select a restaurant from the book "Secret Kitchen Southwest England by Jane Sarchet & Rob Smith.

Our first selection from the book was At The Chapel in Bruton, as it was not to far to drive from us in Yeovil, but was somewhere we had not been before.

The restaurant is a converted chapel, who would guess, the interior is bright, light and airy. There have a large wood burning bread/pizza oven and a open plan kitchen so you can see everything being prepared.

I started with the wood pigeon followed by whole chargrilled mackerel, horseradish both of which where excellent, loved the al forno potatoes.

Pudding was a simple choice - Salted caramel chocolate fondant, vanilla gelato. It takes a while as it is cooked to order, but well worth the wait.

As I was driving I also enjoyed the mocktails.

I am sure we will be back again soon

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

4 of us went on a Wednesday evening at 7 , they were reasonably busy. The pizza was excellent, the vegetarian option was boring and a bit tasteless, the skinny fries were also excellent. The desserts were nothing to write home about, the tiramisu was one of the worst i have had, it didn't taste too bad it just wasn't tiramisu. The service was generally poor, a wine glass whipped away before it was finished with, table being cleared while some of us were still eating and a fair amount of just waiting for service.

2  Thank Dominic E
Reviewed 16 April 2017

The place itself is stunning, and unlike a certain art-based institution nearby, the staff here could not have been more friendly and welcoming, even though I just wanted to show my daughter and a friend how lovely it is!

2  Thank OrangeBadger
Reviewed 14 April 2017

The architecture, decor and food at At the Chapel is wonderful. The service was helpful and attentive and the prices quite reasonable.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

I went to at the chapel for my birthday dinner and it was delightful. I had a healthy courgette pasta and the lighting was pretty which made a nice atmosphere, not to mention it was packed! Then the desert was delicious chocolate mousse with a candle and my name engraved in chocolate. I loved it!