“Cheap food”

Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Abertillery
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I go to Wetherspoons because it is cheap but not because the food is nice. Always disappointed with my meal there no matter what I choose. More recently they've installed a "serve yourself" drinks machine. The beverages are never hot enough from it.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

My family and I came here today for breakfast. Firstly they brought me the wrong breakfast and when I then received my smashed avocado bagel, it felt like leftovers, the onion relish reminded me of the one served with poppadoms on curry night. The bagel was rubbery and the egg overdone and cold. My family's as equally disappointing. Worth a mention that we came here a few weeks ago for breakfast only be told they didn't have 2 of the 3 options we wanted. Over the last 6 months service and quality here seems to have been on the decline.

1  Thank Helen M
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

This used to be the go to for a hearty well prepared breakfast.

Over the last two weeks we've left once and been thoroughly dissapointed once

Either nothing available off the menu due to failed delivery service or lacklustre lukewarm food that tastes like it's been hanging around for ages

Somewhere new for us please !!!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Restaurant name and location: Pontlottyn, Abertillery. NP13 1DJ

My wife and I love this pub, we arrived at around 9.07am. Customers who came after us were being served, we checked with the staff and were informed they had problems, this carried on for some time, food was coming out but not to us. We asked again and just waited. Eventually around 10.12 we had our food, the lady did say would we like a top up for our coffee but as we ordered repeat coffee to start with we said no. We left at 10.27. I had to eat my porridge and by then my Eggs Royale had gone cold. My wife did enjoy her beans and 3 mushrooms. (veggy

1  Thank Cathayspete
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We always have. Meal and a few drinks here before going into music bars
This pub is always clean and staff are friendly