“great fish and chips”

Caspian Fish Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 89 Restaurants in Cwmbran
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Description: On of Cwmbran's longest independent family-run retailers, serving freshly prepared Fish and Chips in a relaxed atmosphere. We buy all our produce from local Welsh suppliers and cook our restaurant meals to order to ensure you get the best quality.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

absolutely lovely fish and chips and great service. Food was perfect and cheerful waiting staff made this a very pleasant lunch

Date of visit: March 2018
4  Thank steve l

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

After my last experience of this place being a bad one I decide to give it another go , not a good idea . I ordered a panini and my husband ordered a cooked meal , well I was shocked to see I paid £4.50 for a panini and that was it no side salad of any kind . Just a sad bit of bread with a bit of tuna and cheese lying there on a big plate , my husband paid £5.00 And had a full on cooked meal which was good , if your going to charge such a price make it look more appealing.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Soggy chips, watery curry and greasy sausage in batter.. service by a new employee would of been great but her supervisor was terrible and wouldn't let her help us with an order that slightly differed from there norm. This place has gone down hill from the great chippy it used to be. 5 of us had food an none kf us could eat it. Will not be returning.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Welmaf
Reviewed 21 December 2017

I was pleasantly surprised to have my food cooked to order and it seems to make all the difference. The fish I was served was so moist and tender, I'm not sure it could have been cooked any better.

Date of visit: November 2017
4  Thank alexguest01
michaelkduncan, Manager at Caspian Fish Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Thanks for the great review

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Excellent fish and chips, tasty curry sauce. Bad service - no personality or friendliness at all. Very good value for money and great quality food however so would return

Date of visit: December 2017
3  Thank ConChaps

Thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant and I'm pleased that you enjoyed the food and would return.

It seems we need to do better with our service and we'll be working hard to try and make sure we improve.

It's constructive reviews like yours that help us to focus in the right areas, so thank you again.