“Gorgeous hotel and view ”

Le Mas des Herbes Blanches
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Joucas
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed here for two nights during a week long stay in Provence. This was a gorgeous hotel and therefore any critiques are slight because overall we had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend this place. The rooms are huge and the bathrooms are impressive. We loved our patio and laid out there in the morning for coffee. We had just got engaged and the hotel sent us champagne and cherries which was so sweet. We had dinner at the hotel next door Le Phebus which was also an amazing spot with delicious and creative food. The staff at Mas Herbes was very helpful but I did notice it took a very long time to order a drink at their bar (no one was manning it) and the rules about drinking by the pool seemed very harsh (we couldn't have a bottle of water). The pool lacked ambiance because there was no one there, no music and you couldn't eat or drink by it. The view though was incredible and made up for this. We were unable to even order a croissant on our last day because we woke up late (11am) and they wouldn't serve us anything either in the room or in the restaurant. We thought that was a bit strict, but we are accustomed to hotels serving you whenever in the states. Joucas is very cute and quiet and is an easy base to explore the hilltop villages from. We had an amazing dinner in Menerbes and loved having a drink at La Bastide in Gordes. We also hiked the Ochre Cliffs which was gorgeous. So much to do! I would stay at this hotel again for the amazing rooms, beautiful views and excellent location.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren R
masdesherbesblanches, Directeur général at Le Mas des Herbes Blanches, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear LaurennicoleR,

I would like to thank you for your comment.
I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable time with us. However, I did notice your remarks regarding the service and I would like to apologize for the delay in service and the misunderstanding with my team. We have a person dedicated to the pool serving drinks and ice-creams and fruit all day long. We are also serving continental breakfast at the bar until 11.00am.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon at le Mas des Herbes Blanches.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

A haven of peace and quiet for hard-working professionals seeking some well-deserved luxury and pampering: perfectly appointed rooms/suites, delicious food and great amenities, all set in a beautiful location and magnificent grounds.
(Preferably only for adults to guarantee the above-mentioned).

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
masdesherbesblanches, Directeur général at Le Mas des Herbes Blanches, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear JinksBelgium,

Thank you for your kind comment. I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us at Le Mas des Herbes Blanches.
Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon,

Reviewed 24 July 2017

I know and came to this hotel since more than twenty years. Last year the hotel was renovated , little houses were built, so a lot more rooms, instead of the park with pine trees, there is a café opened for lunch in season. I still love this woinderfull place with a amazing view. The decoration is more "bling bling" (a french denomination for more fashionable ) . I forgot the spa which I liked very much, specially the two girls who made us very nice "massage" . Marie and Benedict !
The terrasse were we have our breakfast has just a fantastic view also !
I still love the place but I think it losts its soul .... very sad...

Stayed: June 2017
masdesherbesblanches, Directeur général at Le Mas des Herbes Blanches, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear Sabine T,

I would like to thank you for your warm comment.
Although you had an enjoyable time with us, I take good note of your remarks.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Had an amazing few days here. The rooms are simply amazing in what is just a great location. The hotel and surrounds are just fabulous. It is a pricey hotel but you get what you pay for. So much to do in the area or you can just chill by the pool

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Shaun T,

Thank you for your kind message.
I am pleased to read that you had en enjoyable time with us.
It is true, the Luberon area is the place to chill and enjoy the provencal art de vivre.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Relaxing and luxurious hotel that offers a great place to stay while visiting the surrounding villages. Hotel staff was particularly friendly and offered very helpful advice for visiting the area. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
masdesherbesblanches, Directeur général at Le Mas des Herbes Blanches, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Dear L232QEsam,

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your kind email.
I have already congratulated my team for its attention to details with our guests.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

La Direction

Also consider these accommodations in or near Joucas
4.4 km away
3.3 km away
Auberge de Carcarille
Auberge de Carcarille
#10 of 24 in Gordes

Been to Le Mas des Herbes Blanches? Share your experiences!