“Wonderful Experience”

The Catamaran Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 St. John's B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My family and I go to Antigua regularly and have stayed at several hotels in Antigua, but I can honestly say that my stay at Catamaran was the most relaxing, and wonderful hotel on the island that I have been to thus far. As many have said, the staff is absolutely amazing. They really will do everything possible to make your stay enjoyable. I stayed in the Captain's Cabin and it was wonderful. My room was very nice, overlooking the pool on the left and it had the most amazing ocean view in front as well. I went to bed every night listening to the relaxing sound of the ocean right outside. One thing that makes Catamaran stand out is that ALL of the rooms have incredible ocean views. There are a variety of room types (and they are all very nice), so you just have to choose the room that will suite your needs best.
The hotel is located walking distance from Sweet-T's Ice Cream and Snack shop and this is one of my favorite places in English Harbor to get lunch (and ice cream of course!). Bailey's Grocery Store is also within walking distance and you can get pretty much everything you need from there. All of the rooms have kitchens so you can save a lot of money by cooking breakfast in your room.
I am already looking forward to my next trip to Antigua and we will be staying at Catamaran again at that time. If you are looking for a place where you can get some serious rest and relaxation in an absolutely gorgeous Caribbean paradise, then I would HIGHLY recommend Catamaran.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Anonymous P
There are newer reviews for The Catamaran Hotel

Reviewed 27 July 2012

I just returned from a week in Antigua and really enjoyed my stay. The Catamaran Hotel is a very relaxing and quiet place to spend your vacation if you want to get away from it all. It is pretty basic as far as amenities go, but Feona and her staff will attend to any request you have promptly. My wife celebrated her birthday while we were there and I emailed a couple of weeks in advance to see about getting a cake made. It was perfect and the birthday went off without a hitch! If you want to take excursions or tours, the hotel has plenty to choose from and will arrange it all for you. They have a taxi service available for your convenience as well.
I should note that the restaurant is closed in summer, but there is a nearby supermarket and a little fast food shack within walking distance. If you are going to Antigua for the first time I would suggest a stay closer to the capital as most excursions are in and around that area, but if you just want to relax and already know the island, then the Catamaran is a nice place for you.
The only drawback from our stay was that little ants got into our room a few times. It's the tropics so fighting insects is a constant battle, but they were easily taken care of.

Room Tip: Ask for a second story room so you won't have any problems with ants or other things wandering i...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Emale73
Reviewed 3 July 2012

If you want onsite bars and retaurants, gym and spa, this is not the place for you. If however, you want to relax in complete peace and quiet sitting on your own private beach, then the Catamaran is a must.

Feona and her team are fantasitc- nothing is too much for them. We stayed in the 'presidential suite' - the room facilties are relatively basic but perfectly adequate and it was always spotlessly clean after room service. All rooms have cable tv and free wireless, as well as cooker, fridge and freezer. The presidential suite had a bath whereas, I think, most of the other rooms had showers only.

The small private beach is kept very clean and there are kayaks and sailing boats for the use of clients. It is backed a small but beautifllu kept garden.

There is a small supermarket about 2 minutes walk from the hotels, but all the restaurants and bars are a short taxi or bus trip away in Enlish Harbour ( EC$20 for the taxi and EC$2.75 for the bus). The one mistake we made was coming in the low season, and onlu 3 of the 30+ restaurants in English Harbour were open.

A delight was the humming bird we saw every day as well as the pelicans diving for fish off of the beach.

Room Tip: The mosquitos at night are varacious- make sure you have a deet spray.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank irg141
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We recently returned from an amazing stay at The Catamaran Hotel. We read all reviews before making our choice and with the exception of a few everyone is right. No, the boats aren't falling apart, and there aren't pieces of wood holding the refrigirator closed, and who really cares what angle you can watch tv from anyway? You're on Vacation!!!
The flight into Antigua was great. Airport is very organized. When we drove in to the hotel the first thing you see is the most beautiful shades of blue right at your doorstep. Feona greeted us us very warmly and made us feel right at home. We were shown to our room and the decorations are simple and very islandish. There is a kitchenette available stocked with the basics, plates, utensils, frying pans and pots. wine and bottle openers all you need to make basic meals.
And then there's the view.....Oh the view!!! We were ocean front and we could see the turquoise waters and actually hear the gentle waves from our room.
This is the perfect place for relaxing and recharging your batteries. Whenever we went to the beach we were by ourselves...you can close your eyes and sleep to the sounds of the waves and birds. Very relaxing. For lunch we walked across the street to Sweet T's. They sell burgers and fries. At night we took a cab and went to English harbor. They have pretty good restaurants. The next day we took the bus down to redcliff square for some duty free shopping (take your passport to recive the discount).
Everyone here is so friendly it's so refreshing. We do recommend renting a car because there is so much more to see.
This place is not for partying...It is very tranquil and secluded. This place is for relaxing, taking it easy and disconnecting from the hectic life. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Anything ocean front.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hunnybabed
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We stayed at the Catamaran 2/26 to 3/5 and found the owner, Fiona, and her staff to be wonderful! The room was nice, although the kitchen wasn't as equipped as we would have liked ,but when we requested items they got them to us quickly. They were quick to help us with getting around, places to eat and sharing information on the island.
Although we had a car, you could get around easily using the bus service on the island.
It's a very small beach but had plenty of seating.
It's a secluded area so if you are into partying this is not the place for you. It's quiet and peaceful!

Room Tip: We had a room upstairs which I felt was better as it gave you a better view and you didn't have...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
16.5 km away
Buccaneer Beach Club
Buccaneer Beach Club
#1 of 21 in St. John's

Been to The Catamaran Hotel? Share your experiences!