We absolutely loved this hotel. We booked on the basis of other tripadvisor reviews, and Jackie Thomas, the owner and chef, and her fine team (hello Ryan and Doreen) gave us one of the great hotel experiences of our lives - not just fulfilling our high expectations but exceeding our hopes. Not only is the hotel remarkable value for money, beautifully appointed (great beds!), boutique but unpretentious, exceptionally clean and well-managed, offering sensational home-cooked food while you enjoy the pleasure of the lovely vista; it does what the bigger, more commercialized places can never do: it gives you the human touch, and the feel of home from home. And so from the moment we arrived, we knew we were in the hands of someone who cares deeply about her guests' welfare and enjoyment.
Immediately upgraded to room 4 (recommended) and plied with home-made food and drink (much appreciated after an Atlantic flight), we were looked after, day after day, in the most generous, thoughtful and accomplished ways. Jackie also took time and pains to organize excellent day trips (Barbuda is a must), car hire, trips into town... and I also enjoyed the best massage of my life from Barbra, the massage therapist.
In short, I recommend this hotel to all who have ears to hear. If you value attention to detail, value for money and a calm, beautiful, relaxing ambience, you cannot go wrong here. The Villas at Sunset is an absolute gem of the Caribbean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villas at Sunset Lane is Antigua's #1 All-Inclusive Boutique Hotel located on the beautiful island of Antigua. Your slice of paradise awaits you with open arms along with Jackie, who can't wait to personally welcome you to the Villas at Sunset Lane tucked away on a hillside overlooking one of Antigua's most scenic beaches - Dickenson Bay. This 10 room boutique hotel is just minutes away from St. John's (Antigua's capital) and a 5 minute stroll to one of the most attractive beaches (Dickinson Bay) on the northwestern side of the island. From the time the first sunbeam shimmers on your face to the last sip of your final cocktail, you are guaranteed to have the perfect relaxing Caribbean vacation with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your The Villas at Sunset Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas At Sunset Lane Hotel St. John`s
- The Villas At Sunset Lane Antigua/Saint John Parish