“Goat Cheese with Seared Prosciutto!”

Matthew's Beachside Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 245 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Casual and chic, Matthew's is renowned as one of the best covered open-air beachfront restaurants in Aruba. Upscale Caribbean, International and seafood dishes are prepared using the freshest ingredients.Besides breakfast, lunch, dinner, we offer all you can eat spareribs on Tuesday's, Karaoke night after dinner party on Wednesdays, Italian night on Thursdays and of course our daily happy hours with live music at the bar on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. If you are a sports fan, you'll be happy to know that there are 3 flat screens at the bar that are always showing your favorite sport.
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We were at this restaurant last night. My husband thought the appetizer of the goat cheese lightly seared with prosciutto was the best thing he’s had in years! I had the escargot which was really good. And then my husband had a meat combo plate that looked amazing. He didn’t even give me a taste so it must’ve been really good. I did feel them it was a little on the pricey side; but it was good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,834)

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

If you are a shrimp lover, you will love Matthews. We both had shrimp dishes, mine was piña colada shrimp and my daughters was coconut shrimp. I am very particular when it comes to shrimp and in my opinion this shrimp was fresh, crisp, and sweet. I have experienced many shrimp dishes that have been prepared perfectly and with various recipes, but if the shrimp is not good, there is nothing they can do with it to make it better. Matthews had no problem like that because the shrimp itself was the best! The Caramel Flan for dessert was perfect as was the creme brûlée.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Our table was literally 25 feet from the waves. We had the server, Marcos, very friendly and very efficient. He actually hugged us when we left. I lived the food, the drinks were good, and it was an easy find location...definitely check it out.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Gorgeous view. Pretty decent food and atmosphere. The birds were kind of annoying though kept trying to steal our food once it came so we tried to eat quick

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

During our week stay we had breakfast at Matthew’s. The food was great and the view was fantastic. Will we definitely be back.