Tropical Digs(Oranjestad)
US$180
US$111
Wonders Boutique Hotel(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$92
Bubali Villa & Apartments(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$85
Orbitz.com
Juanedu Suites(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
US$65
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
A1 Apartments Aruba(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$59
Camacuri Apartments Aruba(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$96
US$630
  • Pool
5,522 results
All reviewsprivate islandmarina sideblue barboat ridewater taxipink flamingosfamily beachadult beachocean suitelg steakhouseisland viewseafood buffetdutch pancake househappy hourmovie theaterpalm beachque pasa
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Before visiting Aruba it was hard to determine where we wanted to be a) Oranjestad b) mid way on Eagle Beach or c) the highrise area with all the night fun. After reading hundreds of reviews we picked this hotel for being in Oranjestad, near everything we wanted (restaurants nearby, shops), with a big plus: private island, no race for a palapa or space on the beach.

After a 7 hour flight delay our first impression of the hotel was a huge relief, what a lovely place! We were dropped from the airport by our taxi driver in the adults tower, which is within the Renaissance Mall, with a bunch of fancy stores, restaurants and a very convenient Starbucks cafe. Check in was nice and quick, rooms with a tropical look, bathrooms could do with an upgrade but nothing terrible. Our room did not have a great view but we just planned to come back there for showers and sleep, no time to waste! The staff is very nice, quick on please our requirements, multilingual to make it even better!

Next day early in the morning, after a fantastic buffet breakfast ( with pretty much every single option you can imagine, including champagne) we headed to take the boat to the beach on the renaissance island, after a few mins journey we arrived to heaven! Gorgeous beach with hamacas, chairs, towels, a spa, restaurant, tennis court...!!!!!! The island has, as many other reviewers had mention, an area adults friendly and a family friendly one, we tried both, Flamingo beach ( adults) bit more rocky but with the beautiful flamingos hanging around the place and more quite , Iguana beach ( family) nicer to swim , both stunning!!!

Aruba is a fantastic island, no matter where you stay is awesome, in our last night we took the bus to Palm beach for a sightseeing, bus was big, clean, cheap and with air conditioner! Never felt insecure, journey was nice and got to see all the hotels i've so much read about it, the area was lovely, with tons of restaurants, shops and even a night show at the Hacienda mall, so much people tho.

Once in the bus to Oranjestad we knew we took the right decesion, although the highrise area is great, what we were looking forward was a nice relaxing holiday, with the option of paying a visit to the busy palm beach whenever we felt like being into the crowd....

Being there, done that? Not in Aruba, we can't wait to return to the Island, beautiful!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 24Sabrina78
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My husband at I were there during March break. This was our second time staying at this hotel. We stayed at Marina Tower. It is adult only, so we loved that there are no kids running around. The hotel itself needs some true renovations. The management needs to get started on that. The rooms are clean and the housekeeping staff tries to do a good job. However, the bathrooms need renovating. You could see rusty spots in the bathtub, around the door frame where the hardware is. Anyhow, you don't spend much time in the room, so even that I would have loved to see a better maintained bathroom, I didn't mind it much. The bed was very comfortable and that makes a difference to me. The hotel staff is very friendly and they do anything to make you happy. I would like to mention some great people who work there and who they go out of their way to make you happy; Sujeiry, Lina, Betty, Dorothy, Peter, Washington, Geordino, Sidney, Andrey and of course the mangager of the LG SMith's Steakhouse Heidi. We were all Inclusive, but we ate every night at the LG Smith's Steakhouse which is an a la' carte restaurant. Even if you are all inclusive, you can still eat there every night if you like. I love the private beach that this hotel has. What is great is that the waiters come to your lounge and you can order the food and they can bring the food and drinks there if you don't want to eat at the private island's restaurant. All you need is to tip them a little, they work hard and it is hot there. They don't expect tips, they work hard if you give them tips or not, but it feels great when you are appreciated, right? So, a little tip will not hurt you. We tipped everyone from the maid to the waiters. One suggestion, I would want some music in the island or some shows, some kind of entertainment. There is nothing going on at the island, It is very quiet, which is great in one way, but we are used to having some kind of entertainment going on whereever we have gone. It is vacation, so why not have some fun. There is some music that they play in the afternoons and evenings at the Marina Tower, but kind of boring. The managment should think about it. Maybe a show, or some live/disco music, so people can dance. When you go on vacation, you would like to dance or listen to some great singers or see people dance. When we were there in the summer, they had a singer, but boy, she was so boring, and not a good singer. I think the management should go to Cancun to get some ideas. That is why people love the entertainment there. It feels like you are on vacation. Anyway, I would say the overall experience was great ans I would go there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LovBeach
Reviewed 8 April 2012

we've been going to Aruba for over 10 years and we stayed at the same hotel each time!We prefer the suites which are oceanfront and equiped with a kitchen,laundry room and located in a quiet area of the city.The hotel has a private island which is a 10min boat ride away and that is paradise! The small beach and natural pool on the hotel property are a bonus.I 've always had a very relaxing stay at this place ,either alone, with my husband or at times with our sons.I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a relaxing time either alone or with family.The spa is something that shouldn't be missed!

Room Tip: ask for an oceanfront suite if possible; less noise and more romantic, and try to get a higher floor unit( 2nd or higher)
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We re-visited Aruba during the last week of March 2012, staying this time at the Renaissance Aruba Resort, Ocean Suites. The resort is located in downtown Oranjestad, with the Ocean Suites located on a point overlooking the Caribbean sea and the city harbor, and a short (~5 minutes or less) walk to dining, shopping etc., including a recently opened Starbucks right next door! Our 3rd floor Oceanfront Suite was 50 feet from the water, very relaxing. The property is around 25 year old, but has been maintained to a high standard. Only (minor) downside is that the bedroom does not have a view outside, we prefer a view/the sounds of the ocean when we can get one.

Our favorite aspect of the Renaissance is Renaissance Island ("RI"), a private island for hotel guests, that is a short (<10 minutes) water shuttle ride from the hotel. Water shuttles run approx. every 15 minutes from 7-7. RI is peaceful and offers a very relaxing atmosphere with a good restaurant and polite beachside service. Only substantive recommendation for the island would be the provision of more Palapas for shade, . if you need to escape the sun for a while, the restaurant and bar offer shade, along with cold drinks and nice selection of food and snacks.

Room Tip: Oceanfront/oceanview rooms are worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank TERACINGUSA
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed at the marina side (adult only). We did notice throughout the week we kept seeing these little creatures running around.... I believe the locals called them children, kind of took away from the adults only, however hotel is part of an open mall so I guess that's to be expected.
Hotel has an amazing location, great shopping and fantastic food and service. The private island is beautiful with lots of wildlife iguanas everywhere, really cool and the other creatures (these children ) have a beach just for them, don't worry no bars to keep them in, more like African lion safari where you can wonder around them if you like. It's safe most don't bite.
The people at the resort and Aruba in general are amazingly friendly and help make this one of my new favorite spots.
Only real downfall is the bathrooms in the hotel rooms very dated and by no means do they have any wow factor. Ok I stand corrected I did say wow when I saw them cause I couldn't believe how dated they were. I think the tub in our room belonged to my great great great grandmother at one time.
Overal a great resort, great location, great people.
Make sure you go all inclusive as its not cheap to eat in Aruba. Hotel buffet seafood( amazing by the way, all you can eat lobster , who does that) runs $39 per person- with all inclusive - free

• Stayed: April 2012