Overall, I'd give the Renaissance (Adult-only Side) a B or B-. It's situated in Oranjestad town, which I preferred to the tourist trip around Palm/Eagle Beach, as I could make use of the better restaurants in Oranjestad.
-It's situated over a mall. It's open-air looking over the mall, so the lobby areas (bar/lounge, check-in, elevators, etc) are all non-air-conditioned and therefore HOT.
-It's crowded! I liked that there was an adults-only side, but check-in lines were always long, the wait for the elevator could be long, and there were browsing crowds from the mall downstairs. The bar area could be crowded/loud at times.
-The room was not up to Marriott standards. It was pretty small, and it had no external view - it looked onto the hotel/mall/other rooms. Opening the window/door was useless, therefore, as it just brought in hot air and tons of noise from the Starbucks below.
-No surf/waves at either their own stretch of beach or at the private islands.
-The private island is pretty, with TONS of chaise lounges. The swimming is on very placid, pool-like man-made bays - so perfect for kids. There's food, drinks, and a beach store on the private island, which is super convenient
-The staff was all really nice. One of the bartenders was incredibly helpful and hospitable; the concierge was awesome and helped me with all of my interests.
-If you're looking for a fun bar/restaurant scene and don't want to travel around Oranjestad a lot, the Renaissance (adult side) is pretty happening, especially on the weekend. Crowd was cosmopolitan, diverse, 20s-30s.
-The spa was absolutely lovely. It had great facilities and I had a wonderful massage.
So depending on what you want, this might be a good option, but it's a little on the expensive side for the crowds and the heat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the newly renovated Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino, we Live Life to Discover. Here in the heart of Oranjestad, you will find yourself in the middle of the excitement, and our entire staff is ready to inspire you. You don't have to go far to experience the real Caribbean, it's right outside your door. Our luxury hotel in Aruba offers a perfect location steps from Oranjestad's vibrant modern downtown boutiques, giving you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic. Get the thrill of a hand of poker in one of our two casinos, enjoy one of our RLifeLIVE events and revel in the Aruban culture in a way you can only experience from the heart of the city. The resort offers two distinct experiences, the hip and lively adult-exclusive Renaissance Marina Hotel and the Renaissance Ocean Suites, a sophisticated one-bedroom suite accommodation. Both provide exclusive access to a special discovery, Renaissance Island, with Aruba's only private beaches and a truly tropical experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad