This was my first vacation with my boyfriend and the hotel was absolutely beautiful! This hotel was definately more for couples and families. So if you are more interested in the nightlife and partying, this hotel is NOT for you. We went during the off-season (beginning of August), so the weather was cloudy off and on with some occassional rain showers that didn't last very long before the sun came back out. (I wanted to post pictures but sorry, I'm on my work computer!)
We stayed on the Marina side and had a city view. Although I prefer an ocean view, this was just fine. It was interesting to see the activity of the city (if you like that kind of thing). The reviews are right however, that It can be a little noisy at night b/c of clubs and just a lot of overall night activity.
Anyway, the food WAS expensive and not exactly the best. Definately try to venture off the resort to find places to eat.
The private beach was nice and the whole idea of the boat trip to the private island was lovely as well. I just hate how they had 7 am -7pm operating hours for the private island because I think it would be quite beautiful at night. But note, the beach is not a real beach and very man made like. If you're a beach buff, try to travel out to a different beach to get that oceanic feel.
Also, I brought the snuba package. The snuba diving was quite an experience and can be kind of scary for all you chickens out there like me. But once you're out there its cool. FYI though... there weren't many fish to look at while snuba diving. There were actually more fish on the coast b/c humans tend to feed them so they migrate were the food is. So if you go on a tour, just purchase the snorkeling package b/c you'll probably see more. Also the food on the island tour was TERRIBLE!!!!! So try to eat before you go. Also, DON'T bother going on the submarine tour. Once again, we saw more while snorkeling on the coast then we did in the submarine. Big waste of time and money.
Overall, the service was great and the people are EXTREMELY friendly. Beautiful hotel and beautiful island. Would definately go again for a honeymoon or romantic get away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the newly renovated Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino, we Live Life to Discover. Here in the heart of Oranjestad, you will find yourself in the middle of the excitement, and our entire staff is ready to inspire you. You don't have to go far to experience the real Caribbean, it's right outside your door. Our luxury hotel in Aruba offers a perfect location steps from Oranjestad's vibrant modern downtown boutiques, giving you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic. Get the thrill of a hand of poker in one of our two casinos, enjoy one of our RLifeLIVE events and revel in the Aruban culture in a way you can only experience from the heart of the city. The resort offers two distinct experiences, the hip and lively adult-exclusive Renaissance Marina Hotel and the Renaissance Ocean Suites, a sophisticated one-bedroom suite accommodation. Both provide exclusive access to a special discovery, Renaissance Island, with Aruba's only private beaches and a truly tropical experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad