“Great food and space!”
Review of Taste My Aruba

Taste My Aruba
Ranked #11 of 245 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Price range: US$10 - US$60
Description: Welcome to Taste My Aruba! We are an authentic, family-owned, farm to table and sea to table restaurant. We believe that food is culture. When you take a seat and enjoy a meal in our outdoor garden, you will be able to enjoy the flavors that are unique to the island alongside friends, family, and loved ones. Each day brings new food, and with that our menu is never the same. Everything here is from Aruba and for Aruba. All of the meals that we serve consist of only fresh, local ingredients. Join us for dinner and experience the culture and soul of our beautiful island.
Reviewed 5 March 2021

My friend and I did a last minute trip to Aruba and were excited to explore. We stayed at the Renaissance and our bartender recommended Taste My Aruba. We couldn't believe it was so close and maybe a little nervous since it was so close. We really wanted an authentic experience and not a tourist trap. We were so pleasantly surprised! The food was fresh and so tasty. We got a pitcher of the Sangria which was perfect for a warm evening.

We shared a tuna tartare appetizer which was amazing. My friend got the truffle pasta with truffles and I got the grouper. The portions were great and I received all the local sides that I hoped for with rice and plantains. We were too full for dessert but it looked amazing.

The space is really beautiful with the courtyard and the balcony.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (396)

Reviewed 3 March 2021 via mobile

Dining outside under the stars with good food and family. Recommend drunken shrimp. Was there a couple months ago and cant wait to go back this weekend.

Date of visit: January 2021
Nathaly De Mey, Owner at Taste My Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2021

It was superb to see you this evening. I am in loveeee with my new southern name "Taste My Aruba You' all"
I shall continue to dish out calorie free cakes.

Danki for your continued support.

Love always,

Nath

Reviewed 28 February 2021

This is our second time visiting Aruba, and Taste My Aruba’s lobster linguini has to be the best dish we have had on the island. Nataly was very attentive and assured that everything was going well during our visit. Romalo, our waiter, was very welcoming and has great energy !! I highly recommend this restaurant you will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

I am confident in saying this is hands down the best restaurant in Aruba. The experience we had tonight was one I will remember forever. Out party of 4 was absolutely blown away by our meals. Things started on a very high note with the complimentary polenta “fries”
with sweet tomato jam. They were AMAZING! The daily fish specials were perfectly yet simply prepared allowing the freshness of the fish to be the star of the show. I had the grouper which reminded me of a melt in your mouth Chilean sea bass. My friend had the Barracuda and my husband had the Snapper. We all
shared with each other and each dish was phenomenal. My other friend got the lobster linguine which came with a truffle cream sauce that was to die for. It was rich without being heavy like an Alfredo sauce would be. If I could figure out how to make that sauce I would literally put it on everything! We finished with the cashew cake which was another decadent yet light desert. The service was beyond amazing. We got the opportunity to meet the owner Natalie who came to check in on our table and were blown away by her hospitality and passion for her restaurant. What an incredible woman. You can tell the entire staff is like a family and they made us feel like we were part of that family. My husband and I decided almost instantaneously that we would return to Taste my Aruba for our last dinner before we return home. It truly is that good!

Reviewed 28 February 2021

I was led by the previous reviews to think this restaurant would be better than it was for us. There are a number of good things--the setting is very pleasant. I wasn't bothered by the fact that it is next to a driveway, though my wife found it a little disconcerting. I think the owner has done well to make the place welcoming, The staff are also very welcoming, and it is a nice touch when the owner comes out. We enjoyed the ceviche appetizer but for the money, our fish entrees were very undistinguished. Not much taste--simple preparation can be fine but there still needs to be more of an impact than if one had just tossed a piece of fish on the grill. There is nothing really problematic with this restaurant, and it is possible we caught the chef on an off night. This place is not a bad choice, just not quite as good as some of the other reviews made it out to be.

2  Thank 90brucel