“Be Careful!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Theresa L
Tennessee
“Be Careful!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

Be careful what you rent if looking at the Marriott Stellaris Resort in Aruba.
There are 2 parts of this resort that are nothing but time share units, called villas, they are NOT villas, they are time share apartments, most with NO VIEW, PERIOD! They say not time share now, all new points systems, hey, a time share is a time share, I don't care what they call it, I had looked at the top tier of this program (yes - I did the 90 min presentation-which was 2 1/2 hours) but the top tier was around $78,000.00 with min. of $3,000.00 a year in "maintenance fees". I do know another around $300.00 to book a place, one man was at the counter raising heck about not getting what he paid for , nor what he was promised.
I rented a 2 BR, 2 bath "villa", they swore it was feet from the beach with an ocean view, lies, they would not send me a picture of this "villa", I should have known, cause that's really all I do rent, real villas, live and learn, a widow now, with my son and DIL and gr/daughter, thought ok, we will do the resort thing, rented a scooter for myself.
We stayed 2 days at the Marriott Ocean Club, and next to that is the Marriott Surf Club, what they don't tell you is you only get the pools and property things at that property, we could not use the pools at the other resorts, we didn't know this before we booked, they don't tell you that.
The people were very nice, I was the fool for not having a pic. as a guarantee of what I rented, I went from $600.00 a night to about $1,100.00 a night to move (after 2 days) next door into the real Marriott resort, not the time shares, I had to give up having a kitchen, but for the wrap around balcony on 6th floor, the Governors Suite, it was worth it, I guess, no microwave even!
Again, the people were very nice, although they did not tell me the truth about moving next door, said nothing was available, and it was, my son went over there and got the suites for us, we were there 8 nights.
The food was very good, the out island, de Palm Island, was great! The casino good, I won a few times there, $1,400.00 the best win, with no 1099 and no taxes, did pay a few dollars of that win to them, or they took it out, less than $100.00 though.
We had a 4 wheel drive 4 dr. Jeep, nice, but never went around the island, I had done it several times before, kids just didn't want to, sooooo, if you don't care about the island, don't rent an auto, just take a cab.
If all you want is the beach, and water sports for the kids, alllllllll islands are beautiful, and most much closer than Aruba. We go to the Turks a lot, I asked the kids was the extra hour worth it for Aruba, when they were happy not leaving the resort much? It was not to me.
It was 4 hours for us from Charlotte Airport, that's a long flight for me.
Again, the people there, and at the villas too, were very nice and polite.
Go with the top 5 or so listed as the "best" restaurants, The Flying FishBone-WOW-don't miss it!! El Gaucho, for the best Argentine beef ever!!!! South Amer. is only 30 miles away, you can see it on clear days.
Referring this resort to a friend is a toss up for me, would really be a no, cause I can get alllll they have much closer, all islands have good seafood, and most very good fishing, conch and lobsters are always in season, any island, most cut it off at the end of March, you get them, but not fresh from the sea as you might think.
So I will say yes below, cause they are so nice there in Aruba!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view, once we changed to the resort from the Ocean Club.
Liked least: The 1st 2 nights in a 'villa
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
VicEdee
New York City
“Excellent Family Vacation location in Aruba”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 for a stay in March 2014

we stayed in a 2-bedroom "villa" (guest suite) that we rented on-line from a timeshare owner, with NO problems.

Check-in was too long a wait, because they didn't have enought help (or experience) at the front desk.

Room itself was very large, beautiful and well-equipped. Decent view of pool courtyard/ multiple balconies was nice. Large, modern kitchen -well equipped. Ice machine at ground floor only was a negative. Large master bathroom, and separate jacuzzi in Master Bedroom. Only negative was the pull-out sofabed in 2nd bedroom was NOT very comfortable - kids had to alternate "suffering" nights on this.

Property was very "low-key" atmosphere, which was fine. The crowd (esepcially families) was next door at the Surf Club. There is almost nothing to do evenings / at night (actually throughout Aruba). The property itself also seemed a bit "tired" and in need of an update ("sprucing up"?)

Staff was VERY very friendly and accommodating, for everything we asked.

We rented a car - near rhe airport, which we HIGHLY recommend, because Hotel's parking is FREE and very convenient, and it gives you access to entire island.

My wife and I (in our 50's) and our 2 college-age children) had a wonderful week of rest and relaxation and FAMILY-time, as wellas MANY sports/activities that we also pursued.
(water-skiing, sunset cruise, parasailing, horseback riding, snorkelling, ATV tour, etc., etc.)

The hotel pool area was very nice (make sure to locate and try the "hidden" upper-level hot tub/jacuzzi) and easy to get a chair/chaise....
However, the hotel beach was very annoying (needed to reserve a "pod" ridiculously early, so we didn't bother) the crowd out there was very "competetive about their space. We just waitied until late afternoon to take a spot. And the beach was NOT the best location to enjoy, anyway (very bland and generic - OTHER beaches throughout Aruba were spectacular)

Many excellent restaurants throughout Aruba, but NOT at this hotel/complex.
The on-site Champions Sports Bar restaurant, was mostly empty of people, and very average / generic in quality. Don't bother with this place.

Overall, a very positive experience, and we are planning to return again maybe next year!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and low-key atmosphere
Liked least: amenities were very limited. pool/beachfront bare-restaurant under construction
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Rouge_13
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Marvelous simply marvelous”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 for a stay in March 2014

We had a wonderful suite that overlooked the ocean and all the activities. The rooms were exquisite and the service was a "10".So many great restaurants within easy walking and a fireworks show twice in one week. From the beaches to the night ambiance our vacation was a wonderful, restful and convenient journey. Basked most days in the Lazy River or the Serenity Pool sipping Mojitos, reading and relaxing. I highly recommend this facility!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing