“Best tour guide in Bermuda is Heidi (and her co-pilot Buddy)”
Review of Byways Tours

Byways Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: How did I get here? My claim to fame on this little Island . I am the granddaughter of a Lighthouse Keeper. I come from a long line of Lighthouse Keepers (Gibbs Hill Lighthouse) and am a 6th generation Bermudian. My grandfather was the last of the last lighthouse keepers before Gibbs Hill went electronic, and I grew up in the house that is attached to lighthouse. My passion in my tours stems from the passion for the Island that I call home. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you to Bermuda and sharing our Island Magic.- Heidi
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Heidi gave us a wonderful full island tour including a delicious lunch. Her knowledge of the Island was obvious. She pointed out spots for us to visit later in our trip and made recommendations of 'must see's". Heidi has a great personality and tailors her tours to her group. I had read about Heidi before our trip and had hoped to get in her tour. She helped make our trip to Bermuda amazing! My husband and I are typically not tour people but Heidi keeps it small and tailors her trip to the interests of the group she has. So grateful I researched her before we left and that she had availability for us to be in her group.

1  Thank karinnewman
BermudaOnion2013, Owner at Byways Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Karin.

You are so kind to take the time to write this !

You both are amazing, and true troopers with the crazy weather that the Island threw at you.

It was a pleasure and an honour to meet you both.

Take care and come back and see us !

- Heidi

"booked this tour"
in 8 reviews
"raisin bread"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 7 reviews
"native bermudian"
"park bench"
"long tour"

Reviewed 19 November 2017

I was part of a group of 11 from the Celebrity Solstice that took Heidi's tour. It was great. Heidi took us all over Bermuda, starting with the lighthouse, prior to the massive influx of people from the ship. We saw forts, beautiful beaches, gardens and other key sights. Lunch was a great fish sandwich on a park bench and included with the tour. At the end, she took us back to the lighthouse for great sunset photos.

1  Thank GADawgGa
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Our seven hour tour crossed the entire island with more than half a dozen stops. We saw multiple forts, a lighthouse, a beach on the ocean, a small beach on calmer water where we picked up sea glass, botanical gardens, St. Georges, and lots of buildings and scenery in-between. We had a delicious fish-sandwich lunch and stopped for tasty ice cream (though that wasn't part of the tour, per se, so not included). Heidi calls audibles during the tour -- adapting to what's going on on the island and the interests of the people in her van. She likes to stop to look at animals. She fed chickens, threw bread to the fish, and took a side jaunt so that the brave could see a massive spider in its web. She's rightfully proud of her island, but tells it straight -- there are dark parts of Bermuda's history and she doesn't shy away from sharing them.

1  Thank cripple9
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

On our recent trip to Bermuda, we had the pleasure of taking a Byway Island Tour with Heidi. This unique experience is exactly what you want to truly see Bermuda and its history. Heidi's personal knowledge and insight into the island were amazing - from the atop the lighthouse, to the 'best ever' picnic lunch, with the 'best location' ever! Thank you Heidi for sharing your Bermuda with us for the day. It was truly a unique experience!

2  Thank Mary48780
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 October 2017

My husband and I went to Bermuda 31 years ago and decided to take a cruise back there for my 60th birthday!We were not quite sure we were going to make it there due to Jose but we arrived on time.We had booked this tour 10 months out after reading all of the good reviews about Heidi and her sidekick Buddy the dog,they did not disappoint!She gave us very good directions to locate her mini- bus,we had to wait alittle bit for the 2 other couples but it gave us time to get acquainted with each other.She asked us right away if there was any certain highlights of the island that we heard or read about that we would like to see.I mentioned the Gibbs lighthouse,Horseshoe Bay ,the smallest drawbridge just to name a few.She took us from one end of the island to the other stopping at numerous locations, letting us get out to take pictures and explore.We did indeed stop for the fish sandwich on raisin bread along with fries and coleslaw, it was Awesome!She drove us to this spot with a picnic table across from the Aquariam that we sat and ate at.She asked us all ahead of time if we wanted to share the sandwich with our spouses or each have our own? We all decided to get our own! Word of advice "Don't do it!" This sandwich was absolutely huge and stuffed with fish!With the fries and coleslaw a half of sandwich would have been fine.After lunch we were on our way to tour the rest of this gorgeous island and Heidi is like a novel just full of information about her island.We did stop for ice cream which normally I would never turn down,but I was still to full from lunch. FYI Buddy loves Strawberry ice cream!She offered to take Couple pictures for all of us at various stops.I would highly recommend Heidi to anyone!In fact she mentioned to us that she also works part- time at the Bermuda Art Centre at the Dockyard so on our last morning before we left we went to visit her and Buddy and was fortunate to be able to purchase one of her art pieces a painted picture of the Gibbs lighthouse which was on apiece of driftwood.It was the perfect souvenir for me considering that I climbed the 185 steps went thru the small doorway up there and walked around it outside.We had a wonderful visit to Bermuda and I had a very memorable 60th birthday thanks to Heidi!!!

1  Thank lmiller2000