Brown Sugar Restaurant
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I ate here two nights of my 7 day vacation. The food was wonderfully and nicely prepared and presented. This is a MUST in Bridgetown! All employees were quite friendly and waitress was attentive.

There is a vat, tax and service fee-keep in mind when tipping!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,107)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My friends and I had a very nice dinner at Brown Sugar restaurant. Staff was very friendly and nice. Waitress provided us with recommendations from the menu. I had the stuffed fillet of fish, with rice and peas and fresh vegetables. It was excellent. My friends had the seafood medley and they also said it was very good. It is a little pricy but overall a very good meal and restaurant. It is within walking distance from both the Hilton and Radisson Hotels.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Best place on the island for a local authentic lunch, I would suggest too anyone who wants and craves the best the island has to offer

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Excellent meal in very nice surroundings like a tardis looked small but large areas when inside, food prepared and served to a high standard , does cost a bit bit though . Nice to try a bit of Bejan food !

Reviewed 3 November 2017

We went to Barbados last May to celebrate my wife's 59th birthday. I read the reviews about Brown Sugar and thought it is a great restaurant. We were looking forward to experience the taste of Bajan food. What a terrible mistake.

We were seated at a table near a small pond with noisy frogs. Looking at the menu I liked the description of one dish but as I have a dairy allergy, I asked if they can keep out the cheese. The answer was "NO, WE CANNOT CUSTOMIZE OUR DISHES" in a loud voice and bad tone. How rude that is, I have traveled to many places and restaurants always accommodated my request.

Anyway, we ordered starters and the main course I did not feel well after I finished my starter and the main course was terrible as it was cooked with 1KG of sugar. Halfway thru our main course, Cockroaches started flying around and few landed on my wife's head and of course she started screaming. What did they do you may ask? Nothing, they started laughing instead and my wife was so upset and asked to move table. We moved table and they never apologized or did anything. I did not eat my main course at all, it went back as it came and no asked why. Surprisingly, we had the bill and we were charged the full price (Very expensive). Very bad and the worst restaurant I have ever been to. Will never ever go back to this restaurant, but we will go back to beautiful wonderful Barbados.

My advise is, stay away from this restaurant the food and prices are not worth it. There are many other small local restaurant that serves excellent food for half the price.