“Well worth a visit”

Ranked #6 of 116 Restaurants in Bridgetown
Price range: US$40 - US$200
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The restaurant initially began as a wholesale distributor for the island's hotels and restaurants. Cooked takeaway service was added; along with a friendly free beer while you wait. Shortly after that the health inspector demanded we go the whole way or "wholesale only". This was around 1998. Long time friend and fellow musician with the local VSOP Jazz band "Stu Jenkins" became the resident artist (designer) and we named the up coming restaurant "LOBSTER ALIVE and all that Jazz". We felt our way; with many of the usual restaurant mistakes. But it seems now, we have scored quite well with international critics, restaurant guide books; and our many repeat customers.
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We came here to celebrate a friends 17th birthday as a party of 20 including adults and children. We had the most exceptional lunch of lobster and the children's meals were excellent too. It has a stunning outlook to the sea and seeing all the lobsters in their tanks was a great experience for the kids.
If like me you love a mojito then you have to try them here they are delicious.
See you next year to celebrate our friends 18th. Thanks for a lovely afternoon.

1  Thank Maria J

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Went to this spot, as my husband wanted to eat lobster. Staff is rude. They are guaranteed at least 10% gratuity, so service is poor. Food taste was good, as per my husband as there was only steak for non seafood eaters. They are not kid friendly & I have teenagers, go figure. Would only recommend, if you truly want to only eat lobster & are willing to spend about $100 USD per person for lunch.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

This is an experience that is well worth doing and the gift shop actually had things you might want to buy to take back home as presents.

There is a boat journey out to the submarine of maybe 5 mins. My wife gets motion sick but just about managed this. Once underwater however it is a smooth as anything.

It is quite exciting seeing a shipwreck and we also got to see a turtle and stingray as well as lots of fish, sponges etc. Photos do not take well due to the depth but our actual camera worked better than the phone camera.

The one downside is that the narration during the tour was hard to hear. The person speaking had a clear voice and his accent but the submarine's speakers were muffled so you missed much of what was said/explained.

In total the whole thing took about 2hrs from leaving dock to arriving back, you do not feel short-changed or wish you had longer.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped here based on the reviews and it was worth it. I arrived a little before they opened, but I was seated with some water and a menu. Had the lobster thermidor...tasty. Michelle was nice and I believe it was a manager who asked me about my meal. Good food.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Thank goodness lobster alive reopened while we were staying. This is the best place to spend a chilled out Sunday afternoon. Great food, friendly service, sublime music. A stunning beach. Don't come if you're expecting glitz and glamour. Kick off your shoes in the sand and be on island time. Nothing happens in a hurry but thats the joy of it!! Monika and Art are great hosts. A must visit for us when we're here.