“Britannia cruise ”

Coconut Bar & Grill
Ranked #41 of 143 Restaurants in Bridgetown
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Will not forget the fish cakes &hot chilly dip. But for me coconut cocktail by far the best I've tried . One day will go back

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Last day of our cruise and we had a few hours at the port in Bridgetown. Thought we would get a beer each and check our emails, check flights and arrange taxi to pick us up when we arrive back in UK. Also wanted to upload pictures Facebook etc.. After paying for our expensive two beers I asked the barman for the WiFi password to which I was told that he had to type the password in himself because I was only allowed one device per order at the bar. I explained that perhaps we will buy more drinks but for now we both needed to do access the WiFi.. To make a longer story shorter the bar guy was very rude and dismissive. I was baffled by his ignorance. The guy thought he was being cool speaking to me like I was stupid for complaining. We didn't stay for another beer and we walked the few minutes out of the port where we found a lovely bar called Rolli's where it was only $2 each for the same bottled beer (Banks) and the WiFi completely free. Lovely staff and occupied by local customers. We left the bar lady a lovely big tip when we left because the customer service was outstanding.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

A nice stop with friendly staff next to the cruise terminal. The bar was busy throughout the day. It was $3 for a bottle of Banks beer and $2 for a soft drink. For spending $5 you also had free wifi and we used this bar twice when returning to our ship.

BimManager246, Manager at Coconut Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Good morning 209AjH,

Thank you for letting us know what you thought! We're glad you came back regardless of whether it was for us or the beer!! (Was obviously for us though...)

We'd love to see you again!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Located just outside of the cruise ship terminal in Barbados, this little bar and grill is a pleasant oasis to grab a bite to eat and get a cool drink. Seating is limited and you may have to sit on the benches located at the terminal. The bar is self-serve. The food is tasty and I tried a local beer. The prices are very reasonable and the food is tasty. A local bottle of beer was $3. You can also get a real coconut sliced open for $4. It was very relaxing and enjoyable to sit and people watch while having a drink/snack. The staff was extremely friendly, accommodating, and helpful.

BimManager246, Manager at Coconut Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Hi Linda44149,

We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us at Coconuts Bar and Grill!! People watching is one of our favourite things to do on a day too. A great spot for doing just that!! We also think that there is nothing more refreshing than Coconut water straight from the Coconut - even better with a splash of Bajan rum.

We'd love to see you again!

Reviewed 24 June 2017

We had 2 chances to go to coconuts on our cruise last year, first time round had just local beers and a chicken sandwich. Beer was top, and the chicken sandwich....... was that good we went back the week after when we moored in Bridgetown.
This time, we both had the flying fish and I had several cocktails, in the lazy Sunday afternoon sunshine.
Both were spot on, staff very helpful and friendly too, seen that we came back a second time and came and chatted to us about local foods and drinks!

Definetly recommended, try the above, and the bajan mudslide