“Dinner”
Review of Lucky Horseshoe

Lucky Horseshoe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 24 Hours, Family Friendly, Inexpensive, Cracking Breakfasts, Great Simple Grilled Food, Ie Burgers, Fish, Steaks Etc, Good Service, Sports On Screens
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

The service was fairly slow and the food didn't all come out together which was poor.

The food quality was good however. I had American pancakes with a side of bacon and maple syrup, husband had the same and two had burgers, both were good.

Hot chocolate was good, pina colada the best we've had!!

We priced just slow service.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Ate dinner here on night while on vacation in barbados. We have dinner early to avoid the crowds (by 6pm) so cant comment on service when it gets busier. Our service was fast enough. Ordered a buffalo chicken sandwhich which was smaller in size than usual and comes alone, you have to order fries seperate. I thought that was strange as the description on the website says "American style eatery" and well you know you get fries with everything in the US. Also ordered creamy mushroom pasta portion a good size but taste mediocre....not very creamy or rich, almost had to ask for some extra pamesean cheese. Kids eat free if adult entree is $25 or more which was a nice touch i suppose. Our daughter had chicken nuggets and fries. She ate them so i assume were up to normal standards. Price was the usual for Barbados, which is usually higher than many places also due to a high VAT tax. If you are staying in the area (we were at Coral Mist) its an easy 10min walk and worth a visit.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

I wish we had known about this place years ago because when you wake up your first morning after arriving from Scotland it tends to be about 5am and nowhere on st Lawrence gap is open yet. But a 5 minute walk past Cafe Sol onto the main road towards Bridgetown on the right hand side is this big place open literally all day. Our breakfast was average but welcome. Some items of mine were less hot than others which I find annoying. That said and done will return first morning of next holiday and maybe even the second, but thereafter Cove Bay Cafe and Bliss.
It would be worthwhile the management putting a large sign in the road advertising 24hr breakfast as we have walked past for years and thought to early to go in.
All in all, worth a try.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

We stopped by for a meal as we passed by and, unfortunately, we left very unimpressed. The staff seemed preoccupied and disinterested in customers. I ordered a Caesar salad with optional chicken at an extra price. I complained to the waitress that there were only a couple of minuscule pieces of chicken in the dish and I was advised ... "this is a restaurant, you would add more chicken if you were at home". I don't think I need to add anything further!!

1  Thank LovetheSummer5
Reviewed 21 May 2017

Popped in after 1 for some chips on my way home from a night of karoake.. The restaurant was empty so I ordered from the bar inside with the slot machines. The bartendar was chubby and funny and I got my fries within 5 mins of my order

Meanwhile I sat and watched the dedicated slot machine players. The french fry chips were fresh and hot and the staff was nice.

I recommend Lucky Horseshoe after hours for a quiet munch when other restaurants are closed in Barbados

1  Thank Kemet D